- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Relationship Quality Influencing Customer Value, Customer Satisfaction and Relationship Retention Intention in the B2B Transaction : Focused on Clients of PCB Manufacturing Corporation
B2B 거래관계에서 고객가치, 고객만족, 관계지속의도에 영향을 미치는 관계품질에 관한 연구 : PCB 제조기업의 고객사를 중심으로
- Received : 2014.07.09
- Accepted : 2014.10.06
- Published : 2014.12.31
The purpose of this study is to examine the impact of relationship quality on customer value, customer satisfaction and relationship retention intention in the B2B transaction relationship. For the empirical study, we conducted a survey of the PCB corporation's client companies and used 110 surveys of them for analysis. The results of this study are summarized as follows : First, trust, relationship satisfaction, unity and performance as factors of relationship quality had significantly positive effect on relationship retention intention by the medium of customer satisfaction. Second, utilitarian value which is a parameter did not have significantly effect on customer satisfaction and relationship retention intention. Whereas, hedonic value which is influenced by relationship satisfaction, unity and performance had significantly positive effect on customer satisfaction and relationship retention intention. These results are not treated weightily in the preceding studies and managing the hedonic value in B2B transaction relationship is considered important to improve the customer satisfaction and relationship retention intention.
- Anderson, J.C. and J.A. Narus, "A Model of Distributor Firm and Manufacturer Firm Working Partnerships", Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, 1990, 42-48.
- Anderson, P.H. and R. Kumer, "Emotions, Trust, and Relationship Development in Business Relationships : A Conceptual Model for Buyer-Seller Dyads", Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.35, No.4, 2006, 522-535. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2004.10.010
- Bae, J., E.H. Bae, M.C. Cheong, I.K. Shin, and Y.C. Park, "A Case Study of e-Business Implementation in Part Manufacturing Industry(B2B in PCB Industry), IE interfaces, Vol.13, No.3, 2000, 503-511.
- Berry, L.L. and A. Parasuraman, "Marketing service : Competing through quality", New York, The Free Press, 1991.
- Caceres, R.C. and N.G. Paparoidamis, "Service quality, relationship satisfaction, trust, commitment and business-to-business loyalty", European Journal of Marketing, Vol.41 No. 7/8, 2007, 836-867. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710752429
- Cardozo, R.N., "An experimental study of customer effort, expectation and satisfaction", Journal of Marketing Research, 1965, 244-349.
- Chang, K.J., "Effect of Customer Value and Customer Satisfaction of Medical Service Quality on Customer's Intention of Medical Service Reuse", Jeonju University, 2005.
- Chin, W.W., "The Partial Least Squares Approach to Structural Equation Modeling, G. Marcoulides (ed)", Erlbaum Associates, 1998.
- Cho, W.S. and M.S. Cho, "The Influence of the Customer Participation on the Intent to Relationship Continuity in the Family Restaurant", Journal of Korea Hospitality and Tourism, Vol.11, No.4, 2009, 127-138.
- Cho, Y., "The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) on the Quality of Customer Relationship : Comparative Perspectives between Promotion Focus Customers and Prevention Focus Customers", Hanyang University, 2009.
- Choi, Y., "A Study on the Long-Term Orientation between the Wholesale and Retail Travel Agency", Kyonggi University, 2004.
- Choi, H.H., "Correlation between customer satisfaction, recommendation and customer's preference of restaurants : focused on customer of family and riverside restaurant", Sejong University, 2011.
- Cronin, J.J. and A.S. Taylor, "Measuring Service Quality; A reexamination and extension", Journal of marketing, Vol.56, 1992, 55-68.
- Crosby, L.A., K.R. Evans, and D. Cowles, "Relationship Quality in Services Selling : An Interpersonal Influence Perspective", Journal of Marketing, 1990, 68-81.
- Czepiel, J.A. and L.J. Rosenberg, "Consumer Satisfaction : Toward an Integrative Framework", Proceedings of the Southern Marketing Association, 1976, 169-171.
- Czepiel, A.J. and R. Gilmore, "Exploring the concept of loyalty in services", Paper presented at The Services Challenge : Integrating for Competitive Advantage, Eds. John A. Czepiel, Carole A. Congram and James Shanahan, Chicago, 1987, 91-94
- Dwyer, F.R., P.H. Schurr, and S. Oh, "Developing buyer-seller relationships", Journal of Marketing, Vol.51, No.2, 1987, 11-27. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251126
- Engel, J.F., R.D. Blackwell, and P.W. Miniard, Consumer Behavior(8th ed), New York, The Dryden Press, 1995.
- Fornell, C. and D.F. Larcker, "Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Errors", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.2, 1981, 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Ganesan, S., "Determinants of long-term orientation in buyer-seller relationships", Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, No.2, 1994, 1-19.
- Henning-Thurau, T. and A. Klee, "The impact of customer satisfaction and relationship quality on customer retention : A critical reassessment and model development", Psychology and Marketing, Vol.14, No.8, 1997, 737-764. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6793(199712)14:8<737::AID-MAR2>3.0.CO;2-F
- Holbrook, M.B., "Introduction to Consumer Value", Consumer Value, A Framework for Analysis and Research, Routledge Kegan Paul, 1999.
- Kalwari, M.U. and N. Naraynads, "Long-Term Manufacturer-Supplier Relationships : Do They Pay Off for Supplier Firms?", Journal of Marketing, Vol.59, No.1, 1995, 1-16.
- Kim, S.J., M.H. Chun, and B.T. Kim, "The Effect of Tourism Provider's Leadership on Tourism Retailer's Performance", Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol.16, No.2, 2004, 197-216.
- Kim, H.K., S.H. Lee, and J.H. Song, "A Study on Construct and Consequence of Relationship Quality In B2B", Journal of Digital Convertgence, Vol.8, No.3, 2010, 155-168.
- Kim, C., I. Lee, H. You, and S. Lee, "The Effect of Mobile Customer Center's Quality Factors on Customer Satisfaction, Trust and Loyalty", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.9, No.3, 2010, 1-23. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2010.1.10
- Lee, H. and Y. Chae, "Factors Influencing the Customer Satisfaction and Re-Purchasing Intention of Mobile Shopping Mall", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.12, No.2, 2013, 215-229.
- Morgan, R.M. and S.D. Hunt, "Commitmenttrust theory of relationship marketing", Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, 1994, 20-38.
- Ndubisi, N.O., "Markets-marketers symbiosis under globalization : the aftermath of poor customer value", Academy of Marketing Studies, Vol.8, No.1, 2003, 45-52.
- Oh, K.S., H.S. Choi, and E.M. Lee, "A Study on Effect of Customer Value and Satisfaction of Imported Construction Machinery service Quality on Repurchase Intention", Journal of Korea Trade, Vol.36, No.2, 2011, 273-295.
- Oh, S.K. and K.I. Han, "The Effects of the Marketing Communication and the Trust on Long-Term Relationship Orientation in the B2B Industrial Product Market", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.10, No.8, 2012, 81-90.
- Park, S.H. and S.S. Han, "A Study on the Effect of Buyer's Perception on the Long-term Business Relations in B2B industry", Journal of Business History, Vol.25, No.2, 2010, 273-298.
- Peppers, D., M. Rogers, and B. Dorf, "Is your company ready for one to one marketing?", Harvard Business Review, Vol.77, No.1, 1999, 151-160.
- Roberts, K., S. Varki, and R. Brodie, "Measuring the Quality of Relationships in Consumer Services : An Empirical Study", European Journal of Marketing, Vol.37, No.1/2, 2003, 169-196. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310454037
- Seol, H.Y., "A Study on the Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction : Focused on Large-Scale Discount Stores in Korea", Dongguk University, 2006.
- Shanker V., F. Sultan, G. Urban, and I. Bart, "The Role of Trust in Online Customer Support, Working Paper", Sloan School of Management, MIT. Cambridge, MA, 2002.
- Sun, S., J. Lee, and B. Jeong, "A Study on influence factors of User's Continuous Use Intension in Firm Promotion Social Network Service", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.12, No.4, 2013, 41-57.
- Taylor S.A. and T.L. Baker, "An Assessment of the Relationship between Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction", the Formation of Consumers' Purchase Intentions J. Retailing, Vol.70, No.2, 1994, 163-178.