- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Spinning Process for Manufacturing Liquid Rocket Engine Thrust Chamber
액체로켓 엔진 연소기 내피 스피닝 제작 공정 개발
- Lee, Keumoh (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Ryu, Chulsung (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Heo, Seongchan (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hwanseok (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Younho (Research & Development 1 Team, Doowon Heavy Industry)
- Received : 2014.06.05
- Accepted : 2014.11.19
- Published : 2014.12.01
Spinning process to inner wall has been applied for reducing the weight of regenerative cooling chamber of liquid propellent rocket engine. The fractures of the blanks of cylinder part and nozzle throat part have been observed during spinning processes. In order to overcome the problem, the mandrel and the blank shape have been modified, and the inner wall was successfully manufactured through the modifications. The manufactured spinning prototype of nozzle throat part was successfully bulged without cracking and necking, and it was confirmed to secure sufficient formability necessary for fabricating thrust chamber.
- Final Report of Manufacturing Plate of Copper-Chromium Contacts, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials, 1993.
- "Chromium Copper," World Wide Web location http://www.copper.org/resources/ properties/microstructure/chrom_cu.html, Version 1.0, 2014.
- Ryu, C.S., Lee, K.O. and Choi, H.S., "Evaluation of Formability of Copper Alloy for Regenerative Cooling Chamber of Thrust Chamber," Journal of the Korean Society of Aeronautical and Space Science, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 939-945, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2009.37.9.939
- Heo, S.C., Ryu, C.S., Lee, K.O. and Choi, H.S., "Bulging Process Design of Inner Liner for Nozzle Throat of Thrust Chamber," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Aeronautical and Space Science Fall Annual Conference, Jeju, Korea, Nov. 2013.
- Ryu, C.S. and Choi, H.S., "Bulging Process of Liquid Rocket Combustion Chamber Nozzle," Journal of the Korean Society of Aeronautical and Space Science, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 271-278, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2008.36.3.271
- Kurosu, A., Sunakawa, H., Kojima, M., Yamanishi, N., Noda, K., Ogawara, A., Tamura, T., Mizuno, T. and Kobayashi, S., "Progress on the LE-X Cryogenic Booster Engine," 4th European Conference for Aerospace Sciences (EUCASS), St Petersburg, Russia, Jun. 2011.
- Wong, C.C., Dean, T.A. and Lin, J., "A Review of Spinnig, Shear Forming and Flow Forming Processes," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 43, No. 14, pp. 1419-1435, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(03)00172-X
- Music, O., Allwood, J.M. and Kawai, K. "A Review of the Mechanics of Metal Spinning," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 210, No. 1, pp. 3-23, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2009.08.021
- Developing Trends of Spinning Process for Manufacturing Thrust Chamber of Launch Vehicle vol.19, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2015.19.6.064