- Volume 12 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Correction of Optical Distortion for Flow Visualization inside Axisymmetric Droplet
액적 내부 유동 가시화를 위한 축대칭 형상 왜곡 보정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.12.17
- Accepted : 2014.12.24
- Published : 2014.12.31
Optical distortion of experimental results can be found in many studies. Thus, a method of the optical correction for visualization of an axisymmetric droplet was developed in this study. The correction method was derived to extract refracted vectors. In order to obtain the refracted vectors, a projection vector and a normal vector should be calculated. Then, a distortion distance can be found by the calculated refracted vector and Snell's law. The developed method was also verified by the simulation and the experimental results to apply for a liquid droplet which was formed at a nozzle tip.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kang, K. H., et al, 2004, "Quantitative Visualization of flow inside an evaporating droplet using the ray tracing method," Measurement Science & Technology., Vol.15(6), pp.1104-1112. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/15/6/009
- Nguyen, X. H., 2013, "Study on Three-dimensional Tomography for Analysis of Droplet Jetting Behavior," PhD thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Republic of Korea
- Minor, G., et al, 2007, "Optical distortion correction for liquid droplet visualization using the ray tracing method: further considerations," Measurement Science & Technology., Vol.18(11), pp.L23-L28. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/18/11/L01
- Castrejon-Pita, J.R., et al, 2012, "Velocity Profiles in a Cylindrical Liquid Jet by Reconstructed Velocimetry," Journal of Fluids Engineering-Transactions of the Asme., Vol. 134(1), 011201. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4005669
- M. Raffel, C. E. Willert, J. Kompenhans, 1991, "Particle image velocimetry: A practical guide.", Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- R. J. Adrian, 1991, "Particle-imaging techniques for experimental fluid mechanics.", Ann Rev Fluid Mech, 23, 261-304. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.23.010191.001401
- J. Westerweel, 1993, "Digital particle image velocimetry: Theory and application", PhD thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.