- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of RecurDyn Module for Wind Turbine Analysis Applying BEM Theory
BEM 이론을 적용한 풍력발전기 해석용 RecurDyn 모듈 개발
- Lim, Dae Guen (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Wan Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.07.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.11
- Published : 2014.02.01
In this study, a module is developed for modeling and analyzing dynamic behavior of a wind turbine using RecurDyn, which is a commercial multi-body dynamics software developed by FunctionBay, Inc. The wind turbine consists of tower, nacelle, hub and blades. Tower and blades are regarded as flexible bodies for considering elastic effect using beam theory and spring force. In this paper, a constant speed wind was assumed and aerodynamic force is modeled using BEM theory. Dynamic analysis applying this aerodynamic force is carried out. To verify the validity of analysis results, these results are compared to those of GH-Bladed which is a commercial software for analyzing wind turbine system distributed by Garrad Hassan.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Oh, J., Bae, D., Cho, H., Rim, C. and Song, J., 2012, "Development of Sea Wind Turbine System Structure Analysis Method by Using Multi-Body Dynamics," Conference of KSAE, pp.1120-1123.
- Jonkman, J., Butterfield, S., Musial, W. and Scott, S., 2009, "Definition of a 5-MW Reference Wind Turbine for Offshore System Development," NREL/TP-500-38060, National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Park, K.-P., Cha, J.-H., Ku, N., Jo, A. and Lee, K.-Y., 2012, "Structural Analysis of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Tower based on Flexible Multibody Dynamics," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 12, pp.1489-1495. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.12.1489
- FunctionBay, 2012, "RecurDyn v8.1 Help."
- Burton, T., Sharpe, D., Jenkins, N., Bossanyi, E., 2001, Wind Energy Handbook, Wiley, pp.41-92.
- Hassan, G., 2003, "GH Bladed User Manual."