- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Target-Tracking System for Mobile Surveillance Robot Using CAMShift Image Processing Technique
CAMShift 영상 처리 기법을 이용한 기동형 경계 로봇의 목표추적 시스템
- Seo, Bong-Cheol (Graduate School of Mechanical Design.Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Dong-Youm (Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.11.12
- Published : 2014.02.01
Target-tracking systems are important for carrying out effective surveillance missions using mobile surveillance robots. In this paper, we propose a target-tracking algorithm using camera image data for a three-axis mobile surveillance robot and carry out an actual hardware test for verifying the proposed algorithm. The heading direction vector of a camera system is deduced from the position error between the viewfinder center and the object center in a camera image. The position error is obtained using the CAMShift(Continuously Adaptive Mean Shift) algorithm, an image processing technique. The performance test of an actual three-axis mobile surveillance robot was carried out for verifying the proposed target-tracking algorithm in a real environment.
Target-Tracking Control;Stabilization Control;Mobile Surveillance Robot
- Fitts, J. M., 1973, "Aided Tracking as Applied to High Accuracy Pointing Systems," IEEE Trans. On Aerospace and Electronics Systems, Vol. AES-9, No. 3, pp. 350-368. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1973.309721
- RUE, A. K., 1974, "Precision Stabilization Systems," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronics Systems, Vol. AES-10, No. 1, pp. 34-42. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1974.307961
- Bigley, W. J. and Rizzo, V. J., 1987, "Wideband Linear Quadratic Control of a Gyro-Stabilized Electro-Optical Sight System," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, pp. 20-24.
- Lee, D. Y., Kim, S. S., Kwon, J. J. and Park, S. H., 2010, "Development and Testing of Mobile Surveillance Robot using Vehicle Motion Simulator," Proc. of the 5th Asian Conference on Multibody Dynamics.
- Choi, D. H. and Lee, S. S., 2010, "Multiphysics Simulation of Stabilized Remote Controlled Weapon System on Coast Guard Naval Ships," Proc. of the 5th Asian Conference on Multibody Dynamics.
- Lee, D. Y., Seo, B. C., Kim, S. S. and Park, S. H., 2012, "Verification of Camera-Image-Based Target- Tracking Algorithm for Mobile Surveillance Robot Using Virtual Simulation," The 10th International Trans. Korea Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No.11, pp. 1463-1471. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.11.1463
- Aardema, J., 1988, Failure Analysis of Lower Rear Ball joint on the High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle(HMMWV), Army TACOM RD&E Center Warren, Michigan, Technical Report No. 13337.
- Test of Vision Stabilizer for Unmanned Vehicle Using Virtual Environment and 6 Axis Motion Simulator vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.2.227