- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Modeling and Control Techniques for Multi-Rotor Flying Robots
멀티로터 무인비행로봇 동역학적 모델링 및 제어기법 연구
- Kim, Hyeon (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kunsan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Heon Sul (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kunsan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Chong, Kil To (School of Electronics Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Deok Jin (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kunsan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.09.04
- Accepted : 2013.11.19
- Published : 2014.02.01
A multi-rotor is an autonomous flying robot with multiple rotors. Depending on the number of the rotors, multi-rotors are categorized as tri-, quad-, hexa-, and octo-rotor. Given their rapid maneuverability and vertical take-off and landing capabilities, multi-rotors can be used in various applications such as surveillance and reconnaissance in hostile urban areas surrounded by high-rise buildings. In this paper, the unified dynamic model of each tri-, quad-, hexa-, and octo-rotor are presented. Then, based on derived mathematical equations, the operation and control techniques of each multi-rotor are derived and analyzed. For verifying and validating the proposed models, operation and control technique simulations are carried out.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle;Multi-Rotor Robot;Vertical Take Off and Landing;Dynamic Modeling;Flight Control Techniques
Supported by : 한국 연구재단
- Schoenwald, D. A., 2000, "AUVs: in Space, Air, Water, and on the Ground," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 15-18.
- Lee, D. J., Kaminer, I., Dobrokhodov, V., and Jones, K., 2010, "Autonomous Feature Following for Visual Surveillance Using a Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with Gimbaled Camera System," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 957-966. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-010-0504-1
- Lee, D. J. and Andersson, K., 2011, "Hybrid Control of Long-Endurance Aerial Robotic Vehicles for Wireless Sensor Networks," International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.5772/10531
- Tomic, T., Schmid, K., Lutz, P., Domel, A., Kassecker, M., Mair, E., Grixa, I. L., Ruess, F., Suppa, M., and Burschka, D., 2012, "Toward a Fully Autonomous UAV: Research Platform for Indoor and Outdoor Urban Search and Rescue," IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 46-56. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2012.2206473
- Bouabdalla, S., 2007, Design and Control of Quadrotors with Application to Autonomous Flying, EPFL, Ph.D. Dissertation.
- Naidoo, Y., Stopforth R., and Bright G., 2011, "Quad-Rotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Helicopter Modelling & Control," International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 139-149.
- Barsk, K. J., 2012, Model Predictive Control of a Tricopter, Linkoping University, MS thesis.
- Yoo, D. W., Oh, H. D., Won D. Y., and Tahk, M. J., 2010, "Dynamic Modeling and Stabilization Techniques for Tri-Rotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Int'l. Journal of Aeronautical & Space Sci, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 167-174. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2010.11.3.167
- Baranek, R. and Solc, F., 2012, "Modeling and Control of a Hexa-Copter", IEEE Conference Publications, pp.19-23.
- Victor, G. A. and Adrian, M. S., 2012, "Integral LQR Control of a Star-Shaped Octorotor", INCAS BULLETIN, Vol. 14, pp. 3-18.
- Marks, A., Whidborne, J. F., and Yamamoto, I., September 2012, "Control Allocation for Fault Tolerant Control of a VTOL Octorotor," International Conference on Control, UK.
- Beard, R. W. and McLain, T. W., 2012, Small Unmanned Aircraft: Theory and Practice, Princeton University Press, New Jersey, USA.
- Baek, S. J., Lee, D. J., Park, S. H., and Chong, K. T. 2013, "Design of Lateral Fuzzy-PI Controller for Unmanned Quadrotor Robot," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and System, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 164-170. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.19.2.164
- Singh, A. M., Lee, D. J., Park, and Chong, K. T. 2012, "Attitude and Altitude Controllers for Quadrotor," Proc. of IEEK Summer Conference, pp. 2557-2558.
- Mahony, R., Kumar, V., and Corke, P., 2012, "Multirotor Aerial Vehicles Modeling, Estimation and Control of Quadrotor," IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 20-32.
- Dynamic Object Tracking of a Quad-rotor with Image Processing and an Extended Kalman Filter vol.21, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2015.14.0138
- Attitude Control of Quad-rotor by Improving the Reliability of Multi-Sensor System vol.39, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.5.517
- Real-Time Flight Testing for Developing an Autonomous Indoor Navigation System for a Multi-Rotor Flying Vehicle vol.40, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.4.343