- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Optimum Design of Pitch Reducer for Wind Turbine Using Genetic Algorithm
유전 알고리즘을 이용한 풍력발전기용 피치감속기의 최적 설계
- Kim, Jeong Gil (Dept. of System Reliability, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Park, Young Jun (Dept. of System Reliability, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Lee, Geun Ho (Dept. of System Reliability, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Nam, Yong Yun (Dept. of System Reliability, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Yang, Woo Yeoul (Gear Solution Technology Development Team, Hyosung)
- 김정길 (한국기계연구원 시스템신뢰성연구실) ;
- 박영준 (한국기계연구원 시스템신뢰성연구실) ;
- 이근호 (한국기계연구원 시스템신뢰성연구실) ;
- 남용윤 (한국기계연구원 시스템신뢰성연구실) ;
- 양우열 (효성 기어솔루션기술개발팀)
- Received : 2013.10.24
- Accepted : 2013.12.10
- Published : 2014.02.01
Planetary gear design is complex because it involves a combination of discrete variables such as module, integer variables such as the number of teeth, and continuous variables such as face width and aspect ratio. Thus, an optimum design technique is needed. In this study, we applied a genetic algorithm to the design optimization of a planetary gear. In this algorithm, tooth root strength and surface durability are assessed with fundamental variables such as the number of teeth, module, pressure angle, and face width. With the help of this technique, gear designers could reduce trial and error in the initial design stages, thus cutting the time required for planetary gear design.
Wind Turbine;Pitch Reducer;Planetary Gear;Optimum Design;Genetic Algorithm
Grant : 극한 환경 시스템 하중 해석 및 평가 기술 개발
Supported by : 산업기술연구회
- Hwang B. S., 2010, "Understanding of the Latest Wind Turbine," A-Jin, pp. 73-113.
- Park, Y. J., Lee, G. H., Kim, J. G., Song, J. S., and Park S. H., 2011, "Analysis of Load Distribution and Sharing on the Planetary Reducer for Wind Turbines," Transactions of the Koean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 830-836.
- Goldberg, 1989, "Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization & Machine Learning," Addison Wesley
- Bae, I. H. and Chong, T. H., 2002, "New Method to Find the Best Gear Ratio Using the Simulated Annealing Algorithm," Proc. Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers Spring Conference 2002, pp. 687-692.
- Lee, K. H., Lee, G. H., Bae, I. H. and Chong, T. H., 2007, "Optimum Design of Hypoid Gear Considering the Volume," Proc. Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers Spring Conference 2007, pp. 495-500.
- Lee, K. H., Lee, G. H., Bae, I. H. and Chong, T. H., 2007, "An Optimum Design Method of Hypoid Gear by Minimizing Volume," Transactions of the Koean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 55-61.
- ISO Standard 6336, 2006, "Calculation of Load Capacity of Spur and Helical Gears," International Organization for Standardization.
- ISO Standard 1328, 1995, "ISO System of Accuracy," International Organization for Standardization.
- GL Guideline, 2010, "Guideline for the Certification of Wind Turbines," GL
- Chong, T. H., Lee, K. H., Lee, G. H., Bae, I. H., Park, S. H. and Kim, D. S., 2006, "Parameter Analysis of Hypoid Gear Strength and Durability," Proceedings of KSMTE Spring Conference, pp. 409-414.
- Jung S. P. and Park T. W., 2009, "A Study on the Development of the Gear Profile Design Program," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No.8 pp. 104-111
- Chong, T. H. and Lee, J. S., 2002, "Optimum Design of Gear Train Systems Using a Genetic Algorithm," Proceedings of KSME Spring Conference, Vol. A, pp. 654-659.
- Choi, W. H., Yang, B. S. and Joo, H. J., 1996, "Optimum Field Balancing of Rotating Machinery Using Genetic Algorithm," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 20, No.6 pp. 1819-1826
- KISSsoft A. G, 2008, "User Manual," Switzerland