- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Common Rail Pressure Control Algorithm for Passenger Car Diesel Engines Using Quantitative Feedback Theory
QFT를 이용한 디젤엔진의 커먼레일 압력 제어알고리즘 설계 연구
- Shin, Jaewook (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Hong, Seungwoo (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Inseok (Automotive Control and Electronics Laboratory, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Sunwoo, Myoungho (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2013.02.13
- Accepted : 2013.11.25
- Published : 2014.02.01
This paper proposes a common rail pressure control algorithm for passenger car diesel engines. For handling the parameter-varying characteristics of common rail systems, the quantitative feedback theory (QFT) is applied to the design of a robust rail pressure control algorithm. The driving current of the pressure control valve and the common rail pressure are used as the input/output variables for the common rail system model. The model parameter uncertainty ranges are identified through experiments. Rail pressure controller requirements in terms of tracking performance, robust stability, and disturbance rejection are defined on a Nichols chart, and these requirements are fulfilled by designing a compensator and a prefilter in the QFT framework. The proposed common rail pressure control algorithm is validated through engine experiments. The experimental results show that the proposed rail pressure controller has a good degree of consistency under various operating conditions, and it successfully satisfies the requirements for reference tracking and disturbance rejection.
- Gerhard Stumpp , M. R., 1996, "Common Rail - An Attractive Fuel Injection System for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines," International Congress & Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, United States.
- Joachim Schommers, F. D., Stotz, M., Peters, A., Ellwanger, S., Koyanagi, K. and Gildein, H., 2000, "Potential of Common Rail Injection System for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines," SAE 2000 World Congress, Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Liu, Y., Zhang, Y. T., Tian, H. and Qin, J., 2008, "Research and Applications for Control Strategy of High-Pressure Common Rail Injection System in Diesel Engine," Harbin.
- Balluchi, A., Bicchi, A., Mazzi, E., Vincentelli, A. and Serra, G., 2006, "Hybrid Modelling and Control of the Common Rail Injection System," Vol. 3927, pp. 79-92.
- Lino, P., Maione, B. and Rizzo, A., 2007, "Nonlinear Modelling and Control of a Common Rail Injection System for Diesel Engines," Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 31, pp. 1770-1784. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2006.06.001
- Hong, S., Shin, J. and Sunwoo, M. 2012, "Common Rail Pressure Controller for Diesel Engines using an Empirical Model," in IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, Seoul, Korea.
- di Gaeta, A., Fiengo, G., Palladino, A. and Giglio, V., 2009, "A Control Oriented Model of a Common-Rail System for Gasoline Direct Injection Engine," in Decision and Control, 2009 Held Jointly with the 2009 28th Chinese Control Conference. CDC/CCC 2009. Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Conference on, pp. 6614-6619.
- di Gaeta, A., Fiengo, G., Palladino, A. and Giglio, V., 2011, "Design and Experimental Validation of a Model-Based Injection Pressure Controller in a Common Rail System for GDI Engine," in American Control Conference (ACC), pp. 5273-5278.
- di Gaeta, A., Montanaro, U., Fiengo, G., Palladino, A. and Giglio, V., 2012, "A model-Based Gain Scheduling Approach for Controlling the Common-Rail System for GDI Engines," International Journal of Control, Vol. 85, pp. 419-436. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179.2012.654824
- Garcia-Sanz, M. and Houpis, C. H., 2012, Wind Energy Systems vol. 1: CRC press, pp. 471-480.
- Ogata, K., 2010, Modern Control Engineering: PEARSON,. 455-463.
- Houpis, C. H., Rasmussen, S. J. and Garcia-Sanz, M., 2006, Quantitative Feedback Theory: Fundamentals and Applications Vol. 20: CRC Press, pp. 33-346.
- Sigurd, S. and Ian, P., 1996, Multivariable Feedback Control, 1st ed.: JohnWiley&Sons Inc, pp. 33-35.
- Park, I., Lee, W. and Sunwoo, M., 2012, "Application Software Modeling and Integration Methodology using AUTOSAR-ready Light Software Architecture," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 20, pp. 117-125. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2012.20.6.117
- Lee, K., Park, I., Sunwoo, M. and Lee, W., 2013, "AUTOSAR-ready Light Software Architecture for Automotive Embedded Control Systems," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 21, pp. 68-77. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.1.068