- Volume 34 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Numerical Model Updating Based on Univariate Search Method for High Speed Railway Bridges
단변분 탐색법에 기초한 고속철도교량의 수치해석 모델 개선
- Received : 2013.04.16
- Accepted : 2013.10.08
- Published : 2014.02.01
Numerical model became one of most important tools for identifying the state of an existing structure in accordance with development of numerical analysis techniques. A numerical model should be updated based on the measured responses from the existing structure to accurately use the model for identifying the state of the bridge and executing numerical experiments. In this study, a new model updating method based on repetition method without a differential function is introduced and applicability for high speed railway bridge is verified with dynamic stability analysis. A fine measurement based on measurement points roaming method was executed with an wireless measurement system for precise dynamic characteristic analysis. The natural frequencies and mode shapes were estimated by correlation analysis and a mode decomposition technique. An initial numerical model was constructed based on design drawings and the model have been updated in accordance with the introduced model updating method. The results from numerical experiment and field test have been compared for verifying the applicability of the model updating method. And the dynamic stability analysis has been executed to verify the usability of the updated numerical model and the model updating method. It seems that the model updating method can be used for various bridges after evaluation of applicability for other type bridges in further studies.
Grant : 400 km/h급 고 속철도 인프라 시범적용 기술개발
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Baruch, M. and Itzhac, Y. (1978). "Optimization weighted orthogonalization of measured modes." AIAA Journal, Vol. 16, No. 14, pp. 346-351. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.60896
- Berkooz, G., Holms, P. and Lumley J. (1993). "The proper orthogonal decomposition in the analysis of turbulent flows." Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 25, pp. 539-575. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.25.010193.002543
- Berman, A. (1979). "Mass matrix correction using an incomplete set of measured models." AIAA Journal, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 1147-1148. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.61290
- Byun, D. G., Shin, H. M. and Moon, J. G. (2004). Reinforced concrete 7th Edition, Dong-Myung Sa (in Korean).
- Caesar, B. and Peter, J. (1987). "Direct updating of dynamic mathematical models from modal testing data." AIAA Journal, Vol. 25, No. II, pp. 1494-1499. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.9810
- Chen, J. C. and Graba, J. A. (1980). "Analytical model improvement using modal testing results." AIAA Journal, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp. 1494-1499.
- Clough, W. R. and Penzien, J. (1993). Dynamics of structures, McGRAW-HILL, New York, N.Y.
- European Rail Research Institute. (2000). Rail bridges for speeds > 200km/h - Final report, European Rail Research Institute, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Ho, D. D., Hong, D. S. and Kim, J. T. (2010). "Nondestructive evaluation of railway bridge by system identification using field vibration measurement." Journal of the Korea Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 527-538.
- Hoff, C. and Natke, H. G. (1989). "Correction of a finite element model by input-output measurements with application to a radar tower." The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 1-7.
- Kabe, A. M. (1985). "Stiffness matrix adjustment using mode data." AIAA Journal, Vol. 23, No. 9, pp. 1431-1436. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.9103
- Kim, S. I., Lee, J. H., Lee, P. G. and Kim, C. E. (2010) "Comparison of measured natural frequencies of a railway bridge specimen between different excitation methods." Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 6A, pp. 535-542 (in Korean).
- Korea Rail Network Authority. (2007). Design guideline for Ho-nam high speed railway, Korea Rail Network Authority, Daejeon, Korea (in Korean).
- Park, D. U., Kim, N. S. and Kim, S. I. (2009). "Damping estimation of railway bridges using extended kalman filter." Trans. of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 294-300 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.3.294
- Rao, S. S. (1996). Engineering optimization - Theory and practice, Wiley: Interscience, New York, N.Y.
- Tlusty, J. and Ismail, F. (1980) "Dynamic structural identification tasks and methods." Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 29, pp. 251-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)61331-6
- Wiberg, J. (2009). Railway bridge response to passing trains Measurements and FE model updating, Ph.D. Dissertation, Kungl Tekniska hogskolan, Lindstedtsvagen, Stockholm, Sweden.