- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Functional Pipe on Zelkova serrata Growth in Poorly Drained Planting Ground
배수불량 식재기반에서 기능성파이프 적용이 느티나무 생육에 미치는 영향 분석
- Received : 2013.05.28
- Accepted : 2013.07.20
- Published : 2014.01.31
In this study, one of the measures for the promotion of the growth of trees planted in poor drainage areas, which functionality pipe supplying oxygen in the soil, and promotes drainage, barren soil and poor drainage areas in planting design was to provide the basic data to compare the impact on the application of functionality pipe. The Zelkova serrata testing materials were selected, planted a total of 12 by three to four individual experiments were conducted. Growth measurements of the items Plot A > Plot C > Plot D > Plot B were excellent in the order of height, number of leaves, leaf width, and chlorophyll content, Plot A > Plot C > Plot D > Plot B was in good order of the growth of the length of the root-collar diameter, Plot C > Plot A > Plot B > Plot D in order rate of variation was good. This has adverse effects on plant growth, poor drainage planting base represents, promote drainage and oxygen supply technique can be applied good to the planting from Zelkova serrata growth based drainage is poor and barren presented as part of research to be done in the future include a means for promoting the growth of plants in soil, the planting design.
Oxygen;Growth;Chorophyll content;Planting design
- Brady, N. C., Weil, R. R., 2010, Elements of the nature and properties of soils, 3rd edition, Pearson Education.
- Bang, S. J., 2006, Effect of soil conditioner on soil properties and growth of plants in reclaimed tidal land, MS Thesis, Hankyong National University, Kyeonggi-do.
- Bhandal, I. S., Malik, C. P., 1988, Potassium estimation uptake and its role in the physiology and metabolism of flowering plants. Intermational Review of Cytology, 110, 205-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0074-7696(08)61851-3
- Byun, J. K., 2004, Soil environment change and growth of transplanted trees by soil covering depths in coastal reclaimed land, Ph. D. Thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Cho, C.W., Yoo, S.A., Kim, J.H., 2012, Characteristic of soil and cambial electrical resistance for investigation on defect cause of planting tree in apartment, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 21(11): 1307-1320. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.11.1307
- Choi, Y. S., Shim, K. K., 1995, A study on the damaged tree by the inferior drainage in a prepared housing site, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 23(2), 195-204.
- Choi, I. H., Hwang, K. H., Lee, K. J., 2002, Injiroes of landscpae trees and causes in the reclaimed seaside areas, Korean Journal of Environmental Ecology, 16(1), 10-21.
- Demarty, M. C., Thellier, M. M., 1984, Calcium and the cell wall, Plnat Cell Environ., 7, 441-448. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3040.1984.tb01434.x
- Jang, B. K., Jung, J. K., 2008, Handbook of soils for landscape architects, 1st ed, Taerim Press, 29-74.
- Kang, H. C., 1984, Studies on the defected trees in the apartment house areas for landscape construction, MS Thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Kim, D. G., 2007, Roots growth characteristics of Zelkova serrata Makino. after replanting in the reclaimed land from the sea -on the root structure and spatial distribution of fine root phytomass-, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 35(5), 46-55.
- Kim, D. G., Kim, Y. S., Kim, M. S., Oh, K. K., 2001, Vertical soil environmental characteristics at landscape planting sites of Pinus thunbergii parlatore in reclaimed land from the sea on Kwangyang bay, Korean Journal Environmental Ecology, 15(2), 186-192.
- Kim, H. J., 2009, Environmental management science of tree, 1st ed., Green institute of science and technology, 15-101.
- Kim, K. H., Kim, K. Y., Kim, J. K., Sa, D. M., Seo, J. S., Shon, B. K., Yang, J. Y., Um, K. C., Lee, S. Y., Jeong, K. Y., Jeong, D. Y., Jeong, Y. T., Jeong, J. B., Hyeon, H. N., 2009, Soil science, Bomoondang Publishing, 3-29.
- Kim, W. T., Yoon, Y. H., Kim, J. H., 2011, Evaluation of soil in planting ground at seashore reclaimed land in Incheon, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 20(11), 1447-1455. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.11.1447
- Koo, B. H., Kang, J. S., Chang, K. S., 1999, A study of soil characteristics in coastal reclaimed areas for planting ground treatment, Korean Journal of Environmental Ecology, 13(1), 89-95.
- Lee, D. S., 1982, Studies on the defected trees in landscpae construction, MS Thesis, Seoul University, Seoul.
- Lee, K. J., Oh, C. H., Ryu, C. H., Oh, K. K., 1990, Studies on the planting of Gaepho citizen's woods (I) -the evluation of tree planting-, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 18(3), 71-84.
- Lee, K. J., Won, H. Y., Mun, H. T., 2012, Contribution of root respiration to soil respiration for Quercus acutissima forest, Korean Journal of Environmental Ecology, 26(5), 780-786.
- Marcum, K. B., Murdoch, C. L., 1990, Growth responses, ion relations and osmotic adaptations of eleven C4 turgrass to salinity. Agron. J., 82, 892-896. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1990.00021962008200050009x
- Park, H. S., Lee, S. S., Lee, S. C., 2003, Physiological characteristics and death rate of planted trees in reclaimed seaside areas, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 31(2), 94-101.
- Ryan, M. G., Law, B. E., 2005, Intepreing, measuring and modeling soil respiration, Biogeochemistry, 48: 71-90.
- Smucker, A. J., Nunez-Barris, M. A., Richle, J. T., 1991, Root dynamics in drying soil environments, Belowground Ecology, 2, 4-5.
- Tanji, K. K., 1990, Agricultural salinity assessment and management. ASCE Manuals and Reports on Engineering Practice, No 71.
- Yoo, S. H., Jung, Y. S., Joo, Y. K., Choi, B. K., Wu, H. Y., Lee, T. Y., 2002, Soil amendment for turgrass vegetation of the Incheon international airport runway side on the Yeogjong reclaimed land, Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 35(2), 93-104.
- Yoo, S. H., 2001, Dictionary of soil, 2nd, Seoul National University Press, 1-470.
- Zhang, Y. S., Sonn, Y. G., Park, C. W., Hyun, B. K., Moon, Y. H., Song, K. C., 2011, Soil physical and chemical characteristics of river-bed sediments in river basins, Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 44(6), 963-969. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.963