- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Screening of Freshwater Microalgae for Resistance to Ultraviolet Radiation
자외선 차단능을 보유한 미세조류의 스크리닝
- Han, Mi-Ae ;
- Han, Hye Jin ;
- Jung, Moon Hee ;
- Yoo, Rim Hwan ;
- Hwang, Chae Eun ;
- Myung, Su Hyun ;
- Son, Yun Jin ;
- Yoon, Young-Sil ;
- Lee, Choul-Gyun
- Received : 2014.12.30
- Accepted : 2015.01.29
- Published : 2014.12.31
Ultraviolet-B radiation (UV-B) in sunlight causes biological damages such as erythema and blister on skin. Microalgae have been in the limelight as an attractive feedstock for manufacturing functional materials. This study focused on screening microalga with protection ability against UV-B. The microalgae were isolated from local areas on April to June 2013 as well as June 2014. The cells were grown under continuous illumination from fluorescent lamps at
microlagae;screening;Ultraviolet-B radiation;protection ability
- Lee, J. K., Shin, J. S., Kim, J. H., Eom, J. H., Kim, H. S., and Park, K. L. 2006. Evaluation of Phototoxicity for Cosmetics and Alternative Method. Cosmet. Scientists. 31, 245-251.
- Kim, J. D., Kim, I. S., and Choi, T. S. 1992. Anti-Ultraviolet Textile. J. Textile. Sci. Eng. 29, 85-86.
- De Gruijl, F. R. 1999. Skin Cancer and Solar UV Radiation. Eur. J. Cancer. 35, 2003-2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-8049(99)00283-X
- Kim, J. J., and Jang, J. D. 2002. Properties and UV-Cut Effects of Cotton Fabric Treated with TiO2/PEG. Text. Color. Finish. 14, 27-32.
- Lee, K. A., Kim, K. Y., Jung, K. J., Choi, Y. J., and Baek, J. Y. 2011. Korea patent 10-2011-0044494.
- Ahn, R. M., Lee, S. J., and Song, M. K. 1997. Protection Effects of Summer Fabics from Cell Toxicity of UV-B. J. Korean. Soc. Cloth. Text. 21, 750-756.
- Kim, J. H., Ahn, R. M., and Song, M. K. 1998. UVB Photosynthesis of Vit. D3andFabrics (Part2). J. Korean. Soc. Cloth. Text. 22, 646-653.
- Song, M. K., Ahn, R. M., and Shin, J. H. 1999. UVB Photosynthesis of vit. D3 and Physiological Thermal Responses on the Protection Rate of Fabric. J. Korean. Soc. Cloth. Text. 23, 980-986.
- Shin, J. S., and Son, W. G. 2003. Influence of Plasma Treatment & UV Absorbent on Light fastness Improvement of Brazilin. CCA, 11, 66-74.
- Widmer, R., Ziaja, I., and Grune, T. 2006. Protein Oxidation and Degradation during aging : Role in Skin Aging and Neurodegeneration. Free Radical Res. 40, 1259-1268. https://doi.org/10.1080/10715760600911154
- Naylor, M. F., and Farmer, K. C. 1997. The Case for Sunscreens a Review of Their Use in Preventing Actinic Damgae and Neoplasia. Arch. Dermatol. 133, 1146-1154. https://doi.org/10.1001/archderm.1997.03890450096012
- Seo, H. H., Song, M. Y., Kulkarni, A., Suh, S. S., Lee, T. K., and Moh, S. H. 2014. Production Yield Enhancement of Mycosporine-like amino acid (MAA)s in Transformed Microglae Culture by Radiofrequency. J. Korea. Acad. Industr. Coop. Soc. 15, 3799-3804. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3799
- Shick, J. M., and Dunlap, W. C. 2002. Mycosporine-like Amino Acids and Related Gadusols : Biosynthesis, Accumulation, and UV-Protective Functions in Aquatic Organisms. Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 223-262. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.physiol.64.081501.155802
- Dong, S. J., Kim, K. W., and Cho, S. Y. 2011. Effect of Nano Bubble Oxygen and Hydrogen Water on Microalgae. J. Fish. Aquat Sci. 25, 324-329.
- Guiry, M. D. 2012. How Many Species of Algae Are There? Phycol. 48, 1057-1063. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1529-8817.2012.01222.x
- Park, H. J., H., K. Y., and Lee, J. H. 2012. Characterization of Arhrospira platensis Mutants Generated by UV-B Irradiation. Chem. Eng. 23, 496-500.
- Franco-Lara, E., Link, H., and Weuster-Botz, D. 2006. Evaluation of Artificial Neural Networks for Modelling and Optimization of Medium Composition with a Genetic Algorithm. Process Biochem. 41, 2200-2206. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2006.06.024
Grant : 해양미세조류 이용 바이오디젤 생산기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부