- Volume 13 Issue 4
5.8 GHz Microwave Wireless Power Transmission System Development and Transmission-Efficiency Measurement
5.8 GHz 마이크로파 무선전력전송 시스템 개발 및 전송효율측정
- Lee, Seong Hun (Department of Electronic Engineering, Sunchon National University) ;
- Son, Myung Sik (Department of Electronic Engineering, Sunchon National University)
- Received : 2014.12.01
- Accepted : 2014.12.22
- Published : 2014.12.31
Previous studies have selected wireless power transmission system using 2.45 GHz of ISM band, but the researches for 5.8 GHz microwave wireless power transmission have been relatively rare. The 5.8 GHz has some advantages compared with 2.45 GHz. Those are smaller antenna and smaller integrated system for RFIC. In this paper, the 5.8 GHz wireless power transmission system was developed and transmission efficiency was measured according to the distance. A transmitter sent the amplified microwaves through an antenna amplified by a power amplifier of 1W for 5.8 GHz, and a receiver was converted to DC from RF through a RF-DC Converter. In the 1W 5.8GHz wireless power transmission system, the converted currents and voltages were measured to evaluate transmission efficiency at each distance where LED lights up to 1m. The RF-DC Converter is designed and fabricated by impedance matching using full-wave rectifier circuit. The transmission-efficiency of the system shows from 1.05% at 0cm to 0.095% at 100cm by distance.
- Myeong-Rae Lee, Seung-Yeol Kang, Yong-Hae Kim, San-Hun Jun, Tae-Hyeong Jung, "Overview of Wireless Power Transfer", World of electricity, Vol. 59, Issue 1, pp. 34-43, 2010.
- Yeong Jin Park, "Understanding Wireless Power Transmission", The Magazine of the IEEK, Vol. 39, Issue 8, pp. 620-626, 2012.
- W. C. Brown, "The history of power transmission by radio waves," IEEE Transactions on microwave theory and techniques, Vol. MTT-31, No. 9, Sep., 1984.
- W. C. Brown, "The history of power transmission," Solar power, Vol. 56, 1996, pp. 3-21.
- Ki-Ju Choi, Hee-Yong Hwang, "Low-Power Wireless Transmission at 2.45GHz Band", Journal of the Korea Electromagnetic Engineering Society, Vol. 20, Issue 8, pp. 777-783, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2009.20.8.777
- Zied Harouni, Lotfi Osman and Ali Gharsallah, "Efficient 2.45 GHz Rectenna Design with High Harmonic Rejection for Wireless Power Transmission", IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 7, Issue 5, pp.424-427, 2010.
- Ki-Ju Choi, Hee-Yong Hwang, "Performance compareson of the RF-DC converter circuit for wireless power transmission", Journal of Industrial Technology, Kangwon Natl. Univ. Korea, No. 29B, 2009.