- Volume 9 Issue 2
In this paper, we presented the window applicable blind-type frequency selective surface to control the coverage area of wireless communication in secure building or conference room. The proposed frequency selective structure has the reconfigurable frequency range depends on its blind rotation angle. To verify the proposed structure, we fabricated the window blind-type frequency selective surface with four-legged loaded element and ring-type element as a unit cell and performed measurements of the transmission characteristics for different blind rotation angles to prove the feasibility. The measurement results show good agreements with the simulation results. One of the advantages is that the proposed structure does not need to have a bias circuit, so it is very easy to implement at low cost and also can be applied to any planar surface for wireless security applications.
Frequency selective surface;Four-legged loaded element;Wireless security
- M. Raspopoulos, and S. Stavrou, "Frequency selective building through frequency selective surfaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 2998-3005, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2011.2158779
- P. S. Taylor, A. C. M. Austin, E. A. Parker, M. J. Neve, J. C. Batchelor, J. T. P. Yiin, M. Leung, G. B. Rowe, A. G. Williamson, and K. W. Sowerby, "Angular independent frequency selective surfaces for interference control in indoor wireless environments," Electron. Lett., vol. 48, no. 2, pp.61-62, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2011.3359
- E. A. Parker, J. C. Batchelor, R. Chiang, A. G. Williamson, B. Sanz-Izquierdo, M. J. Neve, and K. W. Sowerby, "Frequency selectively screened office incorporating convoluted FSS window," Electron. Lett., vol. 46, no. 5, pp.317-318, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2010.2530
- A. K. Brown, "The wireless friendly building", 2010 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), pp. 62-66, 2010.
- M. J. Neve, K. W. Sowerby, A. G. Williamson, G. B. Rowe, J. C. Batchelor, and E. A. Parker, "Physical layer engineering for indoor wireless systems in the twenty-first century," 2010 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference(LAPC), pp. 72-78, 2010.
- I. G. Lee, and I. P. Hong, "Frequency selective surface design for blinds applications", 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), pp. 2753- 2755, 2013.
- P. Valtr, and P. Pechac. "EM wave transmission through a window blind structure." 2013 IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications(APWC), pp. 472-474, 2013.
- Research on planar frequency selective fabrics with Jerusalem-shaped units 2016, https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517516685279