- Volume 58 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on the Influence of Science Education Courses on Pre-service Chemistry Teachers' View of Learning
예비화학교사가 수강한 과학교육 과목이 학습관에 미치는 영향에 관한 사례연구
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2014.02.20
The purpose of this study was to analyze pre-service chemistry teachers' view of learning focused on the influence of science education courses that pre-service chemistry teachers had learned. Three pre-service chemistry teachers were selected for this study. Documents related to science education courses, survey data about their view of learning and interview data were collected, transcribed and analyzed. According to this study, pre-service chemistry teachers had changed, modified, maintained and strengthened their view of learning while they took the science education courses. Pre-service teacher K and P had changed their traditional view to the constructive view and then had modified their view by adding the reality. And pre-service teacher H had modified his constructive view with some traditional view. All Pre-service teachers had modified their own view of learning because of the science education course that emphasized the real field situation. As discussed above, science education courses focused on the applying the theory to real teaching situation gave the opportunity to modify pre-service teachers' own view of learning. It implied that the science education courses learned in the teachers college have to include contents based on real teaching situation and pre-service teachers' reflective thinking processes for establishing their view of learning and customized teaching activities.
Pre-service chemistry teacher;Science education course;View of learning
- Choe, S. H.; Kang, D. H.; Kwak, Y. S.; Jang, K. S. KICE Research Report 2008, RRI 2008-2.
- Yi, H. J.; Oh, S. C.; Hong, S. J. Open Education Action Research in Duksung Woman's University 2007, 10, 33-63.
- Kwak, Y. S.; Kim, J. H.; Lee, J. S.; Choi, S. H.; Kang, D. H.; You, J. A.; Yang, J. M.; Choi, W. Y. KICE Research Report 2002, RRC 2002-4-5.
- Imm, C. B.; Yi, H. J.; Kwak, Y. S.; Kang, D. H.; Park, Y. S.; Jung, Y. J. KICE Research Report 2004, RRI 2004-5.
- Imm, C. B.; Kwak, Y. S. KICE Research Report 2006, ORM 2006-24-7.
- Porter, A. C.; Youngs, P.; Odden, A. Handbook of Research on Teaching; AERA: Washington D.C., U.S.A., 2001,259-297.
- Lederman, N. G.; Gess-Newsome, J. Examining Pedagogical Content Knowledge; Kluwer Academic Publishers: Netherlands, 1999; pp 199-213.
- Kim, J. H.; Lee, K. Y. Journal of Korea Society of Earth Science Education 2006, 27, 390-400.
- Kim, D. S.; Joo, H. S. Journal of Elementary Education 1998, 6(1), 91-111.
- Yoon, H. K; Park, S. J; Shim, J. K. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 1997, 17,289-299.
- Park, S. H. The Journal of Korean Teacher Education 2008, 25(1), 209-233.
- Kagan, D. M. Educational Psychologist 1992, 27, 65-90. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2701_6
- Clark, C. M.; Peterson, P. L. Research on Teacher Thinking, In Handbook of Research on Teaching, 3rd ed; M. Wittrock, Ed.; Macmillan: New York, 1986.
- Cho, H. Y.; Choi, K. H. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 2002, 22(4) 820-836
- Kim, C. J.; Chae, J. H.; In, C. S. Science Education; Bookshill: Seoul, 2005.
- Hashweh, M. Z. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 1996, 33(1), 47-63. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2736(199601)33:1<47::AID-TEA3>3.0.CO;2-P
- Tsai, C. C. International Journal of Science Education 2007, 91(2), 222-243.
- Kwon, J. S. Science Education; Kyoyookbook: Paju, 2004.
- Adey, P.; Shayer, M.; Yates, C. Thinking Science; Trans- Atlantic Pubns: London, 2007.
- Cho, H. H.; Park, S. J. Philosophy of Science and Science Education; Kyoyookbook: Paju, 1995.
- Magnusson S.; Krajcik, J.; Borko, H. Examining Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Construct and Its Implications for Science Education; Kluwer Academic Publishers: Netherlands, 1999; pp 95-132.
- Kwon, S. K.; Park. S. J. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education 1995, 15(1), 104-115.
- Kang, K. L. Educational Research 2011, 50, 197-226. https://doi.org/10.17253/swueri.2011.50..008