- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Measurement of 1,4-dioxane in surface water by headspace GC-MS
GC-MS에 의한 지표수에서 1,4-Dioxane의 측정
- Hong, Seon-Haw (Geum River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Jun-Bae (Geum River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lee, Soo-Hyung (Geum River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Lim, Hyun-Hee (Department of Environmental Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Shin, Ho-Sang (Department of Environmental Education, Kongju National University)
- 홍선화 (국립환경과학원 금강물환경연구소) ;
- 이준배 (국립환경과학원 금강물환경연구소) ;
- 이수형 (국립환경과학원 금강물환경연구소) ;
- 임현희 (공주대학교 환경과학과) ;
- 신호상 (공주대학교 환경교육과)
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2014.01.20
- Published : 2014.02.25
1,4-Dioxane was classified as a Group 2B carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. The compound was measured in surface water with a headspace gas chromatographic mass spectrometric detection. A 5 mL water sample was placed in a 10 mL headspace vial and saturated with NaCl, and the solution was spiked with 1,4-dioxane-d8 as an internal standard and sealed with a cap. Water samples were collected from twenty-two basins of Gum-River on June and September 2012, respectively. As a result, 1,4-dioxane was detected in the concentration range of
1,4-Dioxane;surface water;headspace extraction;gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
- G. G. Hawley and R. J. S. Lewis, Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, USA, 2001.
- K. S. Surprenant, Dioxane. In Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry (p. 543), Wiley-VCH Verlag, Weinheim, Germany, 2002.
- IARC, 1,4-Dioxane. In IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, Lyon, France, 1999.
- Merck and C. Inc, The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals. Whitehouse Station, 2001.
- R. E. Black, F. J. Hurley and D. C. Havery, J AOAC, 84(3), 666-670 (2001).
- E. J. Calabrese and E.M. Kenyon. Air Toxics and Risk Assessment. Lewis Publishers, Chelsea, MI, 1991.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services' National Toxicology Program. Eleventh Report on Carcinogens. http://ntp-server.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/roc/eleventh/profiles/s080diox.pdf. Accessed 2013-9-30.
- US EPA, EPA 749-F-95-010, OPPT Chemical Fact Sheets 1,4-Dioxane, http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/chemfact/dioxa-fs.txt. Accessed 2013-9-30.
- WHO, Rolling Revision of the WHO Guidelines for drinking water quality, 1,4-dioxane in Drinking Water Summary Statement, 2000.
- USEPA, Method 5030, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA, 1986.
- USEPA, Method 5035, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA, 1996.
- USEPA, Method 8015C, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA, 2007.
- Y. M. Park, H. Pyo and S. J. Park, Ana.l Chim. Acta, 548, 109-115 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2005.05.057
- W. M. Draper, J. S. Dhoot and J. W. Remoy, The Analyst, 125(8), 1403-1408 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1039/b002345k
- C. Isaacson, T. K. Mohr and J. A. Field, Environ. Sci. & Technol,. 40(23), 7305-7311 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1021/es0615270
- D. Song and S. Zhang, J. Chromatogr. A, 787, 283-287 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(97)00661-4
- M. Yano, T. Kawamoto and N. Makihata, Bunseki Kagaku, 54(9), 917-922 (2005). https://doi.org/10.2116/bunsekikagaku.54.917
- P. E. Grimmett and J. W. Munch, J. Chromatogr. Sci., 47(1), 31-39 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/47.1.31
- USEPA, Method 8260B, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA, (1996).
- S. Nakamura and S. Daishima, Anal. Chim. Acta, 548, 79-85 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2005.05.077
- R. E. Shirey and C. M. Linton, J. Chromatogr. Sci., 44(7), 444-450 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/44.7.444
- S. Nakamura and S. Daishima, Japan analyst, 62(3), 215-222 (2013). https://doi.org/10.2116/bunsekikagaku.62.215
- S. S. H. Davarani, L. Masoomi and M. H. Banitaba, Chromatographia, 75(7/8), 371-377 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10337-012-2213-9
- H. S. Shin and H. H. Lim, Chromatographia, 73(11/12), 1233-1236 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10337-011-2031-5
- The Environmental Minister of Korea, Drinking Water guideline, 2012.
- USEPA, 1, 4-Dioxane Fact Sheet: Support Document, OPPT Chemical Fact Sheets. Accessed 2013-9-30.
- Development of dynamic headspace-liquid phase microextraction method performed in a home-made extraction vessel for extraction and preconcentration of 1,4-dioxane from shampoo vol.13, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13738-016-0853-7