- Volume 15 Issue 1
The aim of this work is to determine supersonic nozzle profiles that are used in propulsion, for launchers or embarked with satellites. This design has the role of firstly, providing important propulsion, i.e. with uniform and parallel flow at exit; and secondly, to find short length profiles, without modification of the flow in the nozzle. The first elaborate program is used to determine the profile of the divergent, by using the characteristics method for an axisymmetric flow. The second program is conceived by using the finite volume method, to determine and test the profile found connected to a convergent.
Characteristic method;nozzles;supersonic flow;propellers
- Shapiro, A.H., The Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible fluid flow, The Ronald Press Company, New York. Volume II. Ch.17, 1954.
- Van Leer, B., "Flux Vector Splitting for the Euler Equations", Lecture Notes in Physics, Eighth International Conference on Numerical Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Vol.170, 1982, pp. 507-512.
- Haoui, R., Gahmousse, A. and Zeitoun, D., " Chemical and vibrational nonequilibrium flow in a hypersonic axisymmetric nozzle", International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 40, No.8, 2001, pp. 787-795. DOI: S1290-0729(01)01265-0/FLA https://doi.org/10.1016/S1290-0729(01)01265-0
- Haoui, R., "Finite volumes analysis of a supersonic non-equilibrium flow around the axisymmetric blunt body", International Journal of Aeronautical and space Sciences, Vol. 11, No.2, 2010, pp. 59-68. DOI:10.5139/IJASS.2010.33.1.059 https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2010.11.2.059
- Haoui, R., Gahmousse, A. and Zeitoun, D., "Condition of convergence applied to an axisymmetric reactive flow", French Congress of Mechanics, Nice, France, 2003.
- Haoui, R., " Effect of Mesh Size on the Viscous Flow Parameters of an Axisymmetric Nozzle", International Journal of Aeronautical and space Sciences, Vol. 12, No.2, 2011, pp. 127-133. DOI:10.5139/IJASS.2011.12.2.93 https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2011.12.2.93