- Volume 24 Issue 4
The Characteristics in Obesity Classification Group of College Student by Analyzing Their BMI and Blood Test and the Association between Factors Contributing to Obesity and Obesity according to BMI
대학생 체질량지수와 혈액검사결과 상 비만 분류군간 특성 및 비만 연관 요인 분석에 대한 연구
- Received : 2014.09.16
- Accepted : 2014.10.02
- Published : 2014.10.31
Objectives The purpose of this study was to investigate the characteristics in obesity classification group of college students having health checkup by analyzing their BMI and blood test and determine the association between factors contributing to obesity and obesity according to BMI. Methods A group of 2992 test subjects took their medical examination and their body composition, height, weight, blood pressure were measured and blood test was done. With these results we diagnosed obesity, and analysed relationship between obesity and cholesterol, triglyceride, LDL (low density lipoprotein)-cholesterol, HDL (high density lipoprotein)-cholesterol, liver function, renal function and blood pressure. Results 1. Overweight individuals showed high total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglyceride, GOT (glutamic oxalacetic transaminase), GPT (glutamic pyruvate transaminase), Urea-nitrogen, Creatinine and low HDL-cholesterol. 2. BMI showed a significant association with other factors. BMI has a negative correlation with sex and HDL-cholesterol. BMI had positive correlations with other factors. 3. There was no relation between BMI and sex. Those six factors, liver function, cholesterol, blood pressure, kidney function, neutral fat, and blood sugar were related to BMI. Conclusions There was a significant relation between college students' BMI and their liver function, cholesterol, blood pressure, kidney function, neutral fat, and blood sugar. The diseases related to liver function, cholesterol, blood pressure, kidney function, neutral fat, and blood sugar were clearly associated with obesity.
Obesity;Factors associated with obesity;Body Mass Index;Blood Test
- 보건복지부. 2012 국민건강통계. 2013:52.
- 한방재활의학과학회. 한방재활의학. 서울:군자출판사. 2011:350-76.
- Eckel RH. Obesity: Mechanisms and clinical management. Philadelphia:Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2003:309-15.
- 정주하, 박정준, 최재현, 김도연, 양점홍. 대학생의 비만 및 대사증후군 위험인자 평가. 한국산학기술학회논문지. 2011:12(8);3579-86.
- WHO. The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Sydney:Health Communications Australia Pty Ltd. 2000.
- 박혜순, 선우성, 오상우, 이가영, 김병성, 한지혜, 김선미, 이혜리, 유병연, 이근미, 서영성, 남윤덕, 박용우, 신호철, 이정권. 한국형 비만 관련 삶의 질 측정도구 개발. 대한비만학회지. 2003:12(4);280-93.
- Kawachi I. Physical psychological consequences of weight gain. J Clin Psychiatry. 1999:60(21);5-9. https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.v60n0102
- Kushner RF, Foster GD. Obesity and quality of life. Nutrition. 2000:16(10);947-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0899-9007(00)00404-4
- Jia H, Lubetkin EI. The impact of obesity on health-related quality-of-life in the general adult US population. J Pub Health. 2005:27(2);156-64. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdi025
- Beaglehole R, magnus P. The search for new factors for coronary heart disease: occupational therapy for epidemiologists? Int J Epidemiol. 2002;31:1117-22. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/31.6.1117
- 왕성배, 조영채. 건강검진 수검자들의 비만도와 고혈압, 고혈당 및 고콜레스테롤혈증과의 관련성. 한국산학기술학회논문지. 2011;12(6):2677-84.
- 日本肥滿學會. 肥滿の判定法と肥滿症の 診斷. 第12回 日本肥滿學會記錄. 1991:33-5.
- 김달호, 이종형 편저. 注解補注 黃帝內經 素問(上). 서울:의성당. 2001:652, 974.
- 洪元植 譯. 校勘直譯 皇帝內經靈樞. 서울:전통문화연구회. 1995:284, 388.
- 陳士鐸. 石室秘錄. 서울:행림서원. 1988:76.
- 박희정, 이문재, 김석환, 정미애. 일부 대학생의 건강 실천행위 및 구강건강행위가 비만에 미치는 영향. 한국콘텐츠학회논문지. 2011:11(9);395-406.
- 이미숙, 곽충실. 대전지역 일부 대학생의 영양소 섭취 상태, 식사의 질과 식습관에 있어서 남녀의 차이에 관한 연구. 대한지역사회영양학회지. 2006:11(1);39-51.
Supported by : 가천대학교