- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Case Study of Economic Value Assessment of Spring Rainfall in the Aspect of Water Resources
수자원 측면에서의 봄비의 경제적 가치평가 사례 연구
Park, So-Yeon;Ryoo, Kyong-Sik;Kim, Jung-Yun;Kim, Baek-Jo
- Received : 2013.06.26
- Accepted : 2013.11.15
- Published : 2014.02.28
The direct-runoff of South Korea's representative dams (Soyanggang, Chungju, Andong, Daecheong, and Seomjingang) and precipitation were analyzed mainly with the evenly distributed spring rainfall events across the country for the last five years. For precipitation, an increasing was presented during the period 2008-2011, but did not continue to increasing 2012. The average precipitation of the five dams displayed a similar trend. Except for Chungju and Andong Dams, the trend of runoff was similar to the one shown in the precipitation. Despite the precipitation of 2009 increased, the runoff volume decreased for Andong and Chungju Dams. In addition, Chungju Dam remarkably showed a bigger runoff volume compared to other dams. As for the Sumjingang Dam, the runoff volume was the smallest, and the difference is as great as over 15-fold when compared to other runoff values. After the result of analyzing the relation between a single runoff event and synoptic weather patterns, pattern 4 contributed to the greatest impact on this event and weather patterns. The total runoff volume of the five dams for spring rain event for the last five years that exhibited this characteristic was estimated at 5.68 billion tons(
Water resource;Spring rainfall;Economic value;Precipitation;Direct-runoff
- IPCC, 2007, Climate Change 2007, The physical science basis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 896pp.
- Park, S. Y., Lee, Y, G., Kim, J. Y., Ahn, S. H., Kim, B. J., 2013, The synoptic meteorological characteristics of spring rainfall in South Korea during 2008-2012, Journal of Environmental Science International, 22(4), 443-451. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.4.443
- Edaily, http://www.edaily.co.kr The surge in grain price, difficult to bear. 2012.8.1
- Choi, K. S., Kim, D. W., Lee, J. S., Byun, H. R., 2008, Spatio-Temporal variability of spring rainfall in East Asia, Proceedings of the Autumn Meeting of KMS 2008, 234-235.
- Kim, S., Park. C. K., Kim, M. K., 2005, The regime shift of the Northern hemispheric circulation responsible for the spring drought in Korea, Journal of the Korean Meteorological Society,41(4), 571-585.
- Cha, K. U., 2009, The economic values of precipitation in the aspect of Dam project. The workshop sourcebook of Economic valuation of precipitation, 47-58.
- Lee, J. H., Jo, K. J., Kim, C. J., Park, M. J., 2012, Analysis on the Spatio-Temporal Distribution of Drought using Potential Drought Hazard Map, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 45(10), 983-335. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2012.45.10.983
- Lee, Y. G., Kim, B. J., Cha, K, U., Park, G. U., Ryoo, K. S., 2010, A study on the positive economic values of rain after a long drought: for the rainfall case of 20-21 April, 2009, Atmosphere, 20(2), 173-186.
- Kim, U, T., Lee, D, R., Yoo, C., 2004, Effects of climate change on the streamflow for the Daechung Dam watershed, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 305-314. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.4.305
- Ministry of construction&Transportation(2006), Waterresource synthesize report(2006-2020), 936pp.
Supported by : 국립기상연구소