- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Delphinidin in Anthocyanin on MDA-MB-231 Breast Cancer Cells
Anthocyanin의 Delphinidin이 MDA-MB-231 유방암세포에 미치는 영향
- Jang, Hye-Yeon (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Song-Hee (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- An, In-Jung (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Hae-Nim (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Hye-Ri (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Young-Seok (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Byung-Kwon (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Byeong-Soo (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Ki (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Cho, Sung-Dae (School of dentistry, Institute of Oral Bioscience, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Nam, Jeong-Seok (Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Gachon University of Medicine and Science) ;
- Choi, Chang-Sun (School of Food Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Jung, Ji-Youn (Dept. of Companion and Laboratory Animal Science, Kongju National University)
- 장혜연 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 이송희 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 안인정 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 이해님 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 김혜리 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 박영석 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 박병권 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 김병수 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 김상기 (공주대학교 특수동물학과) ;
- 조성대 (전북대학교 구강병리학교실) ;
- 남정석 (가천의과학대학교 이길여암당뇨연구원) ;
- 최창순 (중앙대학교 식품공학부) ;
- 정지윤 (공주대학교 특수동물학과)
- Received : 2013.08.27
- Accepted : 2014.01.14
- Published : 2014.02.28
This research showed that delphinidin, an anthocyanin present in blueberry, induced apoptosis in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells as well as mediated anti-cancer effects in vivo. As a result, growth of cancer cells as assessed by MTT assay decreased in a concentration-dependent manner. Chromatin condensation by DAPI staining significantly increased in a concentration-dependent manner, indicating apoptosis. The level of p53-protein increased while those of anti-apoptotic molecules (Bcl-2, p-
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Nam MK. 2011. The effect of red cabbage extract (Brassica Oleracea L. Var. Capitata F. Rubra) on the apoptosis in human breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cells. PhD Dissertation. Duksung Women's University, Seoul, Korea.
- National cancer center. Cancer Incidence Table. http://www. cancer.go.kr/mbs/cancer/subview.jsp?id=cancer_040102000 000 (accessed May 2012).
- Block KI, Gyllenhaal C, Tripathy D, Freels S, Mead MN, Block PB, Steinmann WC, Newman RA, Shoham J. 2009. Survival impact of integrative cancer care in advanced metastatic breast cancer. Breast J 15: 357-366. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4741.2009.00739.x
- Gupta GP, Minn AJ, Kang Y, Siegel PM, Serganova I, Cordon-Cardo C, Olshen, AB, Gerald WL, Massague J. 2005. Identifying site-specific metastasis genes and functions. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 70: 149-158. https://doi.org/10.1101/sqb.2005.70.018
- Koo BS, Song DS. 2010. Extraction of natural red color pigment concentrate and manufacturing characteristics of pigment powder from purple-fleshed sweet potato. Korean J Food & Nutr 23: 23-29.
- Kim YH, Kim DS, Woo SS, Kim HH, Lee YS, Kim HS, Ko KO, Lee SK. 2008. Antioxidant activity and cytotoxicity on human cancer cells of anthocyanin extracted from black soybean. Korean J Crop Sci 53: 407-412.
- Park EH. 2012. Anthocyanins prevent helicobacter pylori-induced inflammation on gastric epithelial Cells. PhD Dissertation. Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea.
- Choung MG, Lim JD. 2012. Antioxidant, anticancer and immune activation of anthocyanin fraction from Rubus coreanus Miquel fruits (Bokbunja). Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 20: 259-269. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.4.259
- Kim YK. 2012. Anthocyanin extracts from black soybean (Glycine Max L.) protect human glial cells against oxygenglucose deprivation by promoting autophagy. PhD Dissertation. The Catholic University, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi EY. 2009. Protective effect of anthocyanin-rich bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus L.) extract against doxorubicininduced cardiotoxicity. PhD Dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kang HH. 2009. Determination of biological activities of Korean berries and their anthocyanin identification. PhD Dissertation. Gyeongsang University, Jinju, Korea.
- Lacombe A, Tadepalli S, Hwang CA, Wu VC. 2013. Phytochemicals in lowbush wild blueberry inactivate Escherichia coli O157:H7 by damaging its cell membrane. Foodborne Pathog Dis 10: 944-950. https://doi.org/10.1089/fpd.2013.1504
- Chung TH, Kim JC, Lee CY, Moon MK, Chae SC, Lee IS, Kim SH, Hahn KS, Lee IP. 1997. Potential antiviral effects of Terminalis chebula, Sanguisorba officinalis, Rubus coreanus and Rheum palmatum against duck hepatitis B virus (DHBV). Phytotherapy Res 11: 179-182. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1573(199705)11:3<179::AID-PTR50>3.0.CO;2-F
- Wu T, Tang Q, Gao Z, Yu Z, Song H, Zheng X, Chen W. 2013. Blueberry and mulberry juice prevent obesity development in C57BL/6 mice. PLoS One 8: e77585. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0077585
- Tsuda T, Horio F, Uchida K, Aoki H, Osawa T. 2003. Dietary cyanidin 3-O-beta-D-glucoside-rich purple corn color prevents obesity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in mice. J Nutr 133: 2125-2130.
- Liu Y, Song X, Zhang D, Zhou F, Wang D, Wei Y, Gao F, Xie L, Jia G, Wu W, Ji B. 2012. Blueberry anthocyanins: protection against ageing and light-induced damage in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Br J Nutr 108: 16-27. https://doi.org/10.1017/S000711451100523X
- Kim BS, Park YK, Kang BS. 2001. The effect of RUBI FRUCTUS on the ovulation and ovary in rats. PhD Dissertation. Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea.
- Hyeong KE. 2013. Suppression of induced regulatory T cell by metabolites of delphinidin chloride. PhD Dissertation. Chungang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Liu W, Lu X, He G, Gao X, Xu M, Zhang J, Li M, Wang L, Li Z, Wang L, Luo C. 2013. Protective roles of Gadd45 and MDM2 in blueberry anthocyanins mediated DNA repair of fragmented and non-fragmented DNA damage in UV-irradiated HepG2 cells. Int J Mol Sci 14: 21447-21462. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms141121447
- Liu W, Lu X, He G, Gao X, Li M, Wu J, Li Z, Wu J, Wang J, Luo C. 2013. Cytosolic protection against ultraviolet induced DNA damage by blueberry anthocyanins and anthocyanidins in hepatocarcinoma HepG2 cells. Biotechnol Lett 35: 491-498. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10529-012-1105-2
- Ko EK. 2009. Delphinidin chloride effects on the expression of cell adhesion molecules. PhD Dissertation. Chonnam University, Gwangju, Korea.
- Jin X, Yi L, Chen ML, Chen CY, Chang H, Zhang T, Wang L, Zhu JD, Zhang QY, Mi MT. 2013. Delphinidin-3-glucoside protects against oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced mitochondrial dysfunction in vascular endothelial cells via the sodium-dependent glucose transporter SGLT1. PLoS One 8: e68617. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0068617
- Yun JM, Afaq F, Khan N, Mukhtar H. 2009. Delphinidin, an anthocyanidin in pigmented fruits and vegetables, induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in human colon cancer HCT116 cells. Mol Carcinog 48: 260-270. https://doi.org/10.1002/mc.20477
- Pal HC, Sharma S, Strickland LR, Agarwal J, Athar M, Elmets CA, Afaq F. 2013. Delphinidin reduces cell proliferation and induces apoptosis of non-small-cell lung cancer cells by targeting EGFR/VEGFR2 signaling pathways. PLoS One 8: e77270. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0077270
- Hafeez BB, Siddiqui IA, Asim M, Malik A, Afaq F, Adhami VM, Saleem M, Din M, Mukhtar H. 2008. A dietary anthocyanidin delphinidin induces apoptosis of human prostate cancer PC3 cells in vitro and in vivo: involvement of nuclear factor-kappaB signaling. Cancer Res 68: 8564-8572. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-2232
- Ryu MJ, Chung HS. 2011. Effects on hot water extract of Schizandra chinensis on colon cancer cell line. Food Engineering Progress 15: 64-69.
- Chu SK, Seo EY, Kim WK, Kang NE. 2008. Effect of cyanidin on cell motility and invasion in MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells. Korean J Nutr 41: 711-717.
- Zhang Y, Vareed SK, Nair MG. 2005. Human tumor cell growth inhibition by nontoxic anthocyanidins, the pigments in fruits and vegetables. Life Sci 76: 1465-1472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2004.08.025
- Choi MJ. 2008. Study on anti-oxidant and anti-aging effect of balck rice with protective mechanism. MS Thesis. Pusan University, Busan, Korea.