- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Die Temperature and Repeated Extrusion on Chemical Components and Antioxidant Properties of Extruded White Ginseng
사출구 온도와 반복 압출성형이 백삼압출성형물의 화학적 조성 및 항산화 활성에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Kwan-Hyung (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University) ;
- Gui, Ying (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University) ;
- Ryu, Gi-Hyung (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2013.09.26
- Accepted : 2013.10.31
- Published : 2014.02.28
This study investigated the effects of die temperature and repeated extrusion on the chemical components and antioxidant properties of extruded white ginseng (EWG). Die temperature was adjusted to 100, 120, and followed by repeated extrusion under the same conditions with corresponding samples. Secondary extruded white ginseng (SEWG) at a die temperature of
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim BS, Ryu GH. 2005. Effect of die temperature and dimension on extract characteristics of extruded white ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 544-548. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.4.544
- Okuda H, Yoshida K. 1980. Studies on the effect of ginseng component on diabetes mellitus. Proc 3rd Int'l Ginseng Symp. Korea Ginseng Res., Seoul, Korea. p 53-57.
- Lee SE, Lee SU, Bang JK, Yu YJ, Seong RS. 2004. Antioxidant activities of leaf, stem and root of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Korean J Med Crop Sci 12: 237-242.
- Jeon BH, Seong GS, Chan SG, Sung JH, Chang CC. 2005. Antioxidative effects of white ginseng and red ginseng on liver of high fat diet-treated mice. J Ginseng Res 29: 138-144. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2005.29.3.138
- Kim KY, Sin JK, Lee SW, Yoon SR, Chung HS, Jeong YJ, Choi MS, Lee CM, Moon KD, Kwon JH. 2007. Quality and functional properties of red ginseng prepared with different steaming time and drying methods. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 494-499.
- Ryu GH. 2007. Recent trend in red ginseng manufacturing process and characteristics of extruded red ginseng. J Food Eng Prog 11: 1-10.
- Gu BJ, Ryu GH. 2011. Effect of die geometry on expansion of corn flour extrudate. J Food Eng Prog 15: 148-154.
- Ha DC, Ryu GH. 2005. Chemical component of red, white and extruded root ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 247-254. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.2.247
- Han JY, Lee YS, Ryu GH. 2008. Studies on characteristics of physicochemical properties and saccharification of extruded white ginseng. J Food Eng Prog 12: 36-43.
- Son HJ, Ryu GH. 2009. Chemical compositions and antioxidant activity of extract from a extruded white ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 946-950. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.7.946
- Han JY, Goo DH, Han MS, Ryu GH. 2007. Comparison of fermentability and characteristics of fermented broth for white ginseng, red ginseng and extruded white ginseng. J Food Eng Prog 11: 119-126.
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 8-35.
- Starcher B. 2001. A ninhydrin-based assay to quantitate the total protein content of tissue samples. Anal Chem 292: 125-129.
- Miller GL. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar. Anal Chem 31: 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Dubois M, Gillers KA, Hamilton JK, Rebers PA, Smith F. 1956. Colorimetric method for determination of sugar and related substance. Anal Chem 28: 350-356. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60111a017
- Nelly B, Gustav AH. 1973. New method for quantitative determination of uronic acids. Anal Chem 54: 484-489.
- Slinkard K, Singleton VL. 1977. Total phenol analysis: automation and comparison with manual methods. Am J Enol Vitic 28: 49-55.
- Brand-Williams W, Cuvelier ME, Berset C. 1995. Use of a free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity. Lebensm Wiss u Technol 28: 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0023-6438(95)80008-5
- Gulcin I, Okatay M, Kirecci E, Kufrevioglu OI. 2003. Screening of antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of anise (Pimpinella anisum L.) seed extracts. Food Chem 83: 371-382. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(03)00098-0
- Namba T, Yoshizaki M, Tomimori T, Kobashi K, Mitsui K, Hase J. 1974. Fundamental studies on the evaluation of the crude drugs. 3. Chemical and biochemical evaluation of gin seng and related crude drugs. Yakugaku Zasshi 94: 252-260. https://doi.org/10.1248/yakushi1947.94.2_252
- Ando T, Tanaka O, Shibata S. 1971. Chemical studies on the oriental plant drugs (XXV). Comparative studies on the saponins and sapogenins of ginseng and related crude drugs. Soyakugaku Zasshi 25: 28-33.
- Han JY, Chung KH, Ryu GH. 2008. Comparison of physicochemical properties and release characteristics of extruded tissue cultured mountain ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1018-1024. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.8.1018
- Kong YH, Lee YC, Choi SY. 2009. Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects of phenolic compounds in Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. J Ginseng Res 33: 111-114. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2009.33.2.111
- Ying G, Ryu GH. 2013. The effect of extrusion conditions on the acidic polysaccharide, ginsenoside contents and antioxidant properties of extruded Korean red ginseng. J Ginseng Res 37: 219-226. https://doi.org/10.5142/jgr.2013.37.219
- Ha DH, Lee JW, Ryu GH. 2005. Effect of barrel temperature and screw speed on characteristics of extruded raw ginseng. J Ginseng Res 29: 107-112. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2005.29.2.107
- Influences of Die Temperature and Repeated Extrusion on Physical Properties of Extruded White Ginseng vol.44, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.6.921