- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Environmetally-friendly Red Clay-Processed Materials on Quality Characteristics of Eel
친환경 황토 가공 신소재가 장어의 품질 특성에 미치는 영향
- Seo, Yoojin (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Dankook University) ;
- Gil, Beomju (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Dongguk University) ;
- Kyoung, Jinsuk (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Dongguk University) ;
- Yoo, Byoungseung (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Dongguk University) ;
- Chang, Yoonhyuk (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Yu, Sungyul (Dept. of Clinical Laboratory Science, Semyung University) ;
- Lee, Youngseung (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Dankook University)
- 서유진 (단국대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 길범주 (동국대학교 식품생명공학과) ;
- 경진석 (동국대학교 식품생명공학과) ;
- 유병승 (동국대학교 식품생명공학과) ;
- 장윤혁 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 유성률 (세명대학교 임상병리학과) ;
- 이영승 (단국대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2013.09.24
- Accepted : 2013.10.01
- Published : 2014.02.28
The objectives of this study were to examine the effects of red clay-processed nano-materials (RCPM) on the quality characteristics of eel (Anguilla japonica). Both eels treated with RCPM and control were farm-raised under identical environments and were commercially processed. General components, texture, nutrients, antioxidant activities, and sensory analysis were performed. RCPM-treated eels showed significantly higher DPPH radical scavenging activities and FRAP values than the of control, indicating higher antioxidant activities of eels raised by RCPM. The amounts of niacin and tocopherol in RCPM-treated eels were higher than those of the control. For analysis of freeze-thaw stability, RCPM-treated eels showed more stable texture over freeze-thaw three treatment cycles. Descriptive panelists perceived eels raised by RCPM to be less oily than the control. Overall, RCPM exhibited positive effects on the quality of farm-raised eels. Therefore, RCPM would be of benefit to produce high value-added eels of premium quality.
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- Park JS. 1996. 1996 South Coast of the red tide red tide occurrence and control measures by spraying loess. Fisheries Science Institute, College of Fisheries Science, Yeosu, Korea. p 39-61.
- Daniel H. 1980. Fundamental of soil physics. Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA. p 449-468.
- Lim YP. 1996. Medical environmental geochemistry. Chun Kwang, Ansan, Korea. p 30-32.
- Park JG, Yoon MY. 2010. Methods of preparing red clay processed material and alkali ionized water. Korean Patent 10-2012-7020981.
- Kang EJ, Kim KW, Park SR, Shon SG. 2000. Species identification of Japanese, American, and European eel elvers and changes in morphmetric characters according to growth. Kor J Ichthyol 12: 244-249.
- Hong SP, Kim SY, Jeong DY, Jeong PH, Shin DH. 2005. Mineral contents and fatty acid composition in bone and flesh of cultured eel. J Fd Hyg Safety 20: 98-102.
- Ministry of Martine Affairs and Fisheries. 2013. Statistical year book of maritime affairs and fisheries. Cree Pr Printing Co., Seoul, Korea. p154-156.
- Hwang JH, Lee SW, Rha SJ, Jeong DH, Han KH, Shin TS. 2010. Nutiritional characteristics of eel (Anguilla japonica) fed a diet of Yuza (Ditrus junos Sieb ex Tanaka). J Fish Aquat Sci 43: 573-580.
- Himaya SWA, Ngo DH, Ryu BM, Kim SK. 2012. An active peptide from gastrointestinal enzyme hydrolysate of Pacific cod skin gelatin attenuates angiotensin-1 converting enzyme (ACE) activity and cellular oxidative stress. J Food Chem 132: 1872-1882. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2011.12.020
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 31.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. 2004. Food Standards Codex. Korean Foods Industry Association, Seoul, Korea.
- Martins J, Helio A, Wang AY, Alabourda J, Pires MAF, Vega OB, Lebre DT. 2008. A validated method to quantify folic acid in wheat flour samples using liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometry. J Braz Chem Soc 19: 971-977 https://doi.org/10.1590/S0103-50532008000500024
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1198-1200.
- Benzie IF, Strain JJ. 1996. The ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) as a measure of "antioxidant power": The FRAP assay. Anal Biochem 239: 70-76. https://doi.org/10.1006/abio.1996.0292
- Ju HW. 2011. Sensory test and physiochemical property of marinade mackerel with herb salt solution. Korean J Culinary Res 17: 221-235.
- Kim SH, Kim SH, Lee SS, Jung YE, Kang MH, Kim HY, Kim WK, Lee DH. 2011. Dietetics for healthy life. Publishing Company of Shinkwang, Seoul, Korea. p 188-199.
- Yanishlieva NV, Marinova E. 2001. Stabilisation of edible oils with natural antioxidants. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 103: 752-797. https://doi.org/10.1002/1438-9312(200111)103:11<752::AID-EJLT752>3.0.CO;2-0
- Kang DY, Shin MO, Shon JH, Bae SJ. 2009. The antioxidative and antimicrobial effects of Celastrus orbiculatus. J Life Sci 19: 52-57. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2009.19.1.052
- Moon GS, Ryu BM, Lee MJ. 2003. Components and antioxidant activities of Buchu (Chinese chives) harvested at different times. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 493-498.
- Quality Characteristics of Radish Treated with Environmentally-friendly Red Clay-processed Materials vol.43, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.9.1394
- Evaluation of Quality Characteristics of Brassica campetris L. Treated with Environmentally-Friendly Red Clay-Processed Materials vol.44, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.5.732
- Effects of Guar Gum on Quality of Soft Tofu Stew Sauce vol.44, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.3.442