- Volume 43 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Studies on Anion, Element, Chromaticity and Antioxidant Activities of Commercial Dried Lavers (Porphyra yezoensis) Cultivated in Korea
시판 건조김의 음이온, 원소, 색도 및 항산화 활성
- Park, Wook-Min (Dept. of Marine Bio Food Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kee-Woong (Dept. of Marine Bio Food Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Kang, Dong-Soo (Dept. of Marine Bio Food Science, Chonnam National University) ;
- Bae, Tae-Jin (Dept. of Marine Bio Food Science, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.04
- Published : 2014.02.28
This study was carried out to provide basic data on the anion, element, chromatic and antioxidant activities of commercial dried lavers cultivated from Seocheon, Wando, Goheung and Busan in Korea. The highest concentrations of several anions (
Supported by : 전남대학교
- Hwang MS, Kim SM, Ha DS, Baek JM, Kim HS, Choi HG. 2005. DNA sequences and identification of Porphyra cultivated by natural seeding on the southwest coast of Korea. Algae 20: 183-196. https://doi.org/10.4490/ALGAE.2005.20.3.183
- Ueda S. 1932. Systematic study of the genus Porphyra in Japan. J Imp Fish Inst 28: 1-45.
- Kang JW. 1970. Species of cultivated Porphyra in Korea. Bull Korean Fish Soc 3: 77-92.
- Park JH. 2012. Estimation of mass balance and carrying capacity in Porphyra fam. MS Thesis. Pukyong National University, Busan, Korea.
- Chang SD, Chin P, Park KY. 1983. Effects of temperature, salinity, and silt and clay on the rate of photosynthesis of laver, Porphyra yezoensis. Bull Korean Fish Soc 16: 335-340.
- Iwasaki H. 1965. Studies on the physiology and ecology of Porphyra tenera. J Fac of Fish and Animal Husbandry (Hiroshima Univ.) 6: 171-193.
- Tada K, Fujiwara M, Honjo T. 2010. Water quality nori (Porphyra) culture in the Seto Inland Sea. Bunseki Kagaku 59: 945-955. https://doi.org/10.2116/bunsekikagaku.59.945
- Lee NS. 2010. A study on the consumption pattern of laver. Korean J Food Mar Econ 27: 1-23.
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI). 2012. The carrying capacity for laver mariculture farm according to marine ecosystem in the southwest coast, Korea. Report of national fisheries research & development institute 2011.
- Kim KH, Kim CS. 1982. Studies on the manufacture of Undaria pinnatifida laver and it's physicochemical properties. I. Histochemical properties. Korean J Food Sci Technol 14: 336-341.
- Noda HA, Arashima K. 1989. Antitumour activity of polysaccharides and lipids from marine algae. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 55: 1265-1271. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.55.1265
- Jung KJ, Jung BM, Kim SB. 2002. Effect of porphyran isolated from laver, Porphyra yezoensis, on liver lipid peroxidation in hyperlipidemic rats and on immunological functions in mice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 325-329.
- Kim YM, Do JR, In JP, Park JH. 2005. Angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory activities of laver (Porphyra tenera) protein hydrolysates. Korean J Food & Nutr 18: 11-18.
- Lee KH. 1969. Pigment stability of lavers Porphyra tenera Kjellman during processing and storage. Bull Korean Fish Soc 2: 105-133.
- Lee KH, Song SH, Jeong IH. 1987. Quality changes of dried lavers during processing and storage. 1. Quality evaluation of different grades of dried lavers and its changes storage. Bull Korean Fish Soc 20: 408-418.
- Cornish ML, Garbary DJ. 2010. Antioxidants from macroalgae: potential application in human health and nutrition. Algae 25: 155-171. https://doi.org/10.4490/algae.2010.25.4.155
- Kwak CS, Kim SA, Lee MS. 2005. The correlation of antioxidative effects of 5 Korean common edible seaweeds and total polyphenol content. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 1143-1150. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.8.1143
- Son HJ, Kang JH. 2007. Antioxidative activity and metalchelating ability of several seaweeds according to cultivating location. Kosin J Health Sci 17: 61-66.
- Lee HJ, Choi JI, Choi SJ. 2012. Physiological activities and amino acid compositions of Korean dried layer Porphyra products. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 45: 409-413.
- Kim KH, Kim CS. 1983. Studies on the manufacture of Undaria pinnatifida laver and it's physicochemical properties. II. Chemical composition. Korean J Food Sci Technol 15: 227-281.
- Ha BS. 1977. Studies on the lipid of aquatic products (part 2). A comparative study on fatty acid composition of marine benthic algae. Bull Korean Fish Soc 10: 199-204.
- Park YH. 1973. Changes in Sugars composition of dried lavers during storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 5: 235-239.
- Han JS, Lee YJ, Yoon MR. 2003. Changes of chromaticity and mineral contents of laver dishes using various cooking methods. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 13: 326-333.
- Jo KS, Do JR, Koo JG. 1998. Pretreatment conditions of Porphyra yezoensis, Undaria pinnatifida and Laminaria religiosa for functional alage-tea. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 27: 275-280.
- Jo KS, Kim JH, Sin HS. 1995. Effect of storage conditions on the oxidative stability of lipid in roasted and roastedseasoned laver (Porphyra tenera). Korean J Food Soc Technol 27: 902-908.
- Dewanto V, Wu X, Liu RH. 2002. Processed sweet corn has higher antioxidant activity. J Agric Food Chem 50: 4959- 4964. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0255937
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Park TM. 2001. Study on the seawater pollution of the Suncheon bay. J Korean Soc Environ Admin 7: 403-409.
- Park YW. 2008. A study on the effects of acids on pH and analysis of seawater. MS Thesis. Mokpo National University, Jeonnam, Korea.
- Kim J, Lee Y, Jung S, Lee J, Cho MH. 2010. Production of methane from anaerobic fermentation of marine macro- algae. Clean Technol 16: 51-58.
- Kim GS. 2010. Physicochemical characteristics and sensory evaluation of dried laver consumed in Korea. MS Thesis. Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea.
- Kim YD, Kim DS, Kim YM, Shin DH. 1987. Changes in the quality characteristics of dried laver (Porphyra yezoensis Ueda) during storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 19: 206-211.
- Kim IW, Shin DH, Choi U. 1999. Isolation of antioxidative components from the bark of Rhus verniciflua S. screened from Chinese medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 885-863.
- Giocosa A, Filiberti R. 1996. Free radicals, oxidative damage and degenerative disease. Eur J Cancer Prev 5: 307-312. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008469-199610000-00001
- Oh S, Kim J, Kim H, Son S, Choe E. 2013. Composition and antioxidant activity of dried laver, Dolgim. Korean J Food Sci Technol 45: 403-408. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.4.403
- Noh J, Choi YK, Kim HK, Kwon JH. 2005. Pre-establishment of microwave-assisted extraction conditions for antioxidative extracts from cabbage. Korean J Food Preserv 12: 62-67.
- Ueda Y, Sakaguchi M, Hiratama K, Miyajima R, Kimizuk A. 1999. Characteristic flavor constituents and water extracts of garlic. Agric Biol Chem 54: 163-169.
- Choi GN, Jeong CH, Kim JH, Kwak JH, Shin YH, Lee SC, Cho SH, Choi SG, Heo HJ. 2009. Effect of storage temperature and water activity on antioxidant activities of powdered green tea extracts. Korean J Food Preserv 16: 333-341.
- Studies on the major nutritional components of commercial dried lavers (Porphyra yezoensis) cultivated in Korea vol.21, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.5.702