- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Simplified Model for the Weight Estimation of Floating Offshore Structure Using the Genetic Programming Method
유전적 프로그래밍 방법을 이용한 부유식 해양 구조물의 중량 추정 모델
Um, Tae-Sub;Roh, Myung-Il;Shin, Hyun-Kyung;Ha, Sol
- Received : 2013.06.06
- Accepted : 2013.11.20
- Published : 2014.03.01
In the initial design stage, the technology for estimating and managing the weight of a floating offshore structure, such as a FPSO (Floating, Production, Storage, and Off-loading unit) and an offshore wind turbine, has a close relationship with the basic performance and the price of the structure. In this study, using the genetic programming (GP), being used a lot in the approximate estimating model and etc., the weight estimation model of the floating offshore structure was studied. For this purpose, various data for estimating the weight of the floating offshore structure were collected through the literature survey, and then the genetic programming method for developing the weight estimation model was studied and implemented. Finally, to examine the applicability of the developed model, it was applied to examples of the weight estimation of a FPSO topsides and an offshore wind turbine. As a result, it was shown that the developed model can be applied the weight estimation process of the floating offshore structure at the early design stage.
Genetic programming;Offshore structure;Symbolic regression;Weight estimation model
- WWEA (World Wind Energy Association), 2010. World Wind Energy Report.
- Cho, Y.J., 2011, A Development of the Ship Weight Estimating Method by a Statistical Approach, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 48(5), pp.426-434. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.5.426
- Kim, K.C., 1966, Estimation of Machinery Weights of the Medium and Small-sized Ships, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 3(1), pp.28-32.
- Bolding, A., 2001, Bulk Factor Method Estimates FPSO: Topsides Weight, The Oil and Gas Journal.
- Nils, A.B., 1954, Esempi Numerici Di Processi Di Evoluzione, Giangiacomo Feltrinelli Editore, pp.45-68.
- Koza, J.R., 1990, Genetic Programming: A Paradigm for Genetically Breeding Populations of Computer Programs to Solve Problems, Technical Report STAN-CS-90-1314, Stanford University.
- Yeon, Y.S., 1998, Genetic Programming with Weighted Linear Associative Memories and Its Application to Engineering Problems, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 3(1), pp.57-67.
- Yeon, Y.S. and Lee, W., 2001, Response Surface Modeling by Genetic Programming I: A Directional Derivative-Based Smoothening Method. Journal of the Korea Society of Information Technology Applications, 3(3), pp.1-24.
- Lee, K.H. and Yeon, Y.S., 2004, Genetic Programming Approach to Curve Fitting of Noisy Data and Its Application in Ship Design, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 9(3), pp.183-191.
- Lee, K.H., Oh, J., Park, J.H. and Kim, D.G., 2009, Development of Data Mining System using combined Genetic Programming with Self Organizing Map, Transactions of the Society of CAD/ CAM Engineers, 14(6), pp.382-389.
- Koza, J.R., 1992, Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection, Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
- Seo, S.H, Shin, H.K., Ku, N.K. and Roh, M.I., 2013, Simplified Model for the Weight Estimation of Floating Offshore Structure Using the Statistical Method, Proceedings of the Annual Spring Meeting, The Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 2013, pp.1070-1078, Jeju, 2013.5.23-24.
- Jonkman, J., Butterfield, S., Musial, W. and Scott, G., 2009, Definition of a 5-MW Reference Wind Turbine for Offshore System Development, Technical Report, NREL/TP-500-38060.
- Automatic Generation of CAM Model for Machining Holes for Jet Engine Compressor Case Based on Feature Recognition vol.39, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.3.337