- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Method of Exposure Determination for Digital Infrared Photography in Forensic Field
법과학 분야에서 디지털 적외선 사진을 위한 노출 결정 방법
- Received : 2013.10.29
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2014.02.28
In the past, making IR photography needed somewhat complicated process, so its application fields were limited. However, it has become easy to make IR photography with advanced digital technology, so it is expected that the fields of IR photography and existing limit due to difficult making process will be expanded. Therefore, in this study, it is decided that the need of IR standard chart which allows us to manage exposure and tone of IR photography for scientific purpose will increase. Two methods were used to make IR standard chart. First method is to use aluminum. When aluminum has oxide coating through anodic oxidation, it has high durability, corrosion resistance and heat resistance. Also, IR reflectance of aluminum can be controlled in some degree depending on the thickness of oxide coating. Second method is to use pigments. Yellow 10P150 pigment is used for the brightest patch. This pigment is appropriate in this study due to high heat resistance and IR reflectance. Carbon black is used for the darkest patch. Carbon black absorbs much IR, and its color is not faded by any source of light. IR reflectance is adjusted elaborately by mixing two pigments. Finally, 6 patches are selected with consideration for actual IR reflectance of patches. As a result, IR reflectance of random subjects can be known approximately and IR photographs can have appropriate contrast with the IR standard chart.
Forensic Photography;Infrared Photography;Reflectance of Infrared;Exposure
- 한면수, 김재민, 박상선, 장윤식, 과학수사론, 경찰대학, 2009.
- 진동선, 좋은사진, 북스코프, 2009.
- Robin Williams and Gigi Williams, Ultraviolet, Infrared & Fluorescence Photography, RMIT-Medical and Scientific Photography Lab, 2002.
- Scott T. De Broux, Katherine Kay McCaul, Sheri Shimamoto, and Instructor Michale J. Brooks, "Forensic Photography III - Infrared Photography," IAI Conference & Training, 2007.
- 김유진, 윤성빈, 하동환, "적외선 사진술을 이용한 볼펜과 연실의 선후 관계 분석 : 문서감정을 중심으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제5호, pp.481-488, 2004.
- Katherine Bjoko, Claude Roux, and Brian J. Reedy, "An Examination of the sequence of Intersecting Lines Using Attenuated Total Reflectance-Fourier Transform Infrared Spectral Imaging," J. Forensic Science, Vol.53, No.6, pp.1458-67, 2008.
- 나기현, 양후열, 최섭, 진명수, 이영수, 김준석, 박찬문, 김동욱, "적외선을 이용한 인영과 출력문자의 선후 관계에 대한 연구", 한국법과학회 학술대회, Vol.2005, No.1, p.262, 2005.
- Nicole J. Crane, Edward G. Bartick, Rebecca Schwartz Perlman, and Scott Huffman, "Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging for Noninvasive Detection of Latent Fingerprints," Journal Forensic Sciences, Vol.52, No.1, pp.48-53, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2006.00330.x
- Elizabeth Allen and Sophie Triantaphillidou, The Manual of Photography 10th Edition, Focal Press, 2011.
- Xingzheng Wang and David Zhang, "A high quality color imaging system for computerized tongue image analysis," Expert systems with Applications. Vol.40, No.15, pp. 5854-5866, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2013.04.031
- 강병철, 최정진, 김기호, "양극산화될 알루미늄의 적외선 복사특성 연구", 한국표면공학회지, 제35권, 제3호, pp.149-157, 2002.
- 이재희, 하드 아노다이징 공정에 따른 EV 브레이크 디스크의 기계적 특성 평가, 조선대학교 일반대학원 기계공학과 석사학위 논문, 2012.
- 조맹섭, 디지털 컬러의 기본 원리, 국제, 2006.
- Henry Wilhelm and Carol Brower, The Permanence and Care of Color Photographs: Traditional and Digital Color Prints color Negatives, Slides, and Motion Pictures, Preservation Publishing Company, 1993.
- Spiros Zervos, Natural and accelerated ageing of cellulose and paper: a literature review, Department of library science and information system. submitted for publication in the edited book Cellulose: Structure and Properties, Derivatives and Industrial Uses, 2010.
Supported by : 한국연구재단