- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Slender Doubler Plate Hybrid Design System for Ship Structure Subjected to Longitudinal In-plane Compression
종방향 면내 압축하중 하의 세장한 선박 이중판 하이브리드 설계시스템 구축
- Received : 2013.08.19
- Accepted : 2014.02.13
- Published : 2014.02.28
In view of the importance of material reduction and rational structural design due to the rapid increase in oil and steel prices, an optimized structural hybrid design system for the doubler plate of a ship's hull structure was developed. A direct design process by a structural designer was added to this developed optimized system to increase the design efficiency and provide a way of directly inserting a designer's decisions into the design system process. As the first step of the doubler design system development, the design formulas used in doubler design system were introduced. Based on the introduction of influence coefficients
Doubler plate design;Structural analysis;Optimum structural design;Hybrid structural design system;In-plane compression;Equivalent plate thickness
- Ham, J.H., 1997. A Study for Rationalization of Lifting Lug Design of Ship Block. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 11(4), 249-262.
- Ham, J.H., 1999. Strength Evaluation of Doubler Plate of Ship Structure subjected to the Longitudinal In-plane Compression. Proceedings of the Annual Autumn Meeting, the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 471-474.
- Ham, J.H., 2008. Consideration of the Structural Strength of High Speed Aluminum Planning Boat Plate Member. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 22(2), 91-98.
- Ham, J.H., 2001a. Strength Evaluation of Doubler Plate of Ship Structure subjected to Biaxial In-plane Compression and Shear Load. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 15(1), 85-91.
- Ham, J.H., 2001b. Development of the Design System for the Lifting Lug Structure. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 38(1), 86-98.
- Ham, J.H., Kim, U.N., 1997. The Development of Advanced Buckling Strength Estimation System. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 34(3), 53-60.
- Jastrrzebski T., Kimiecik M., 1986. Statistical Investigations of the Deformations of Ship Plates (in France). Bulletin de I'Association Technique Maritime et Aeronautique, 86, 235-345.
- Kim, O.H., Kim, J.J., 1998. Reliability Assessment of Ship Longitudinal Strength for the Rational Ship Structural Design. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 12(4), 8-15.
- Korea Register of Shipping(KR), 1999. Internal Regulation of KR Inspection, Regulation of Inspection 30211, 3-2-12 (Rev. 32. 37)-3-2-19.
- Lasdon, L.S., Waren, A.D., 1978. Generalized Reduced Gradient Software for Linearly and Nonlinearly Constrained Problems. in : Greenberg, H.J. (Ed.) Design and Implementation of Optimization Software, Sijthoff and Noordhoff, Holland, 335-362.
- Paik J.K., Ham J.H., Kim U.N., 1992a. A New Plate Buckling Design Formula. Jounal of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, 171, 559-566.
- Paik J.K., Ham J.H., Ko J.Y., 1992b. A New Plate Buckling Design Formula(2nd Report)-On the Plasticity Correction. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, 172, 417-425.
- Development of Ship Plate Member Design System Reinforced by Doubler Plate Subjected to Biaxial In-plane Compressive Load vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.4.294