- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparative Study of Rules of ISO 12215 and International Classification Society for Structural Design of CFRP Cruise Boat
탄소섬유강화복합재료(CFRP) 레저선박 선체설계를 위한 ISO 12215와 국제선급규정 비교분석
Oh, Dae-Kyun;Lee, Dong-Kun;Kang, Gi-Moon;Ryu, Cheol-Ho;Noh, Jackyou
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2014.02.13
- Published : 2014.02.28
Recently, CFRP composites have often been used as the materials for lightweight pleasure yacht hulls. Because CFRP composites not only make the hull light but also have good physical characteristics, in the leading countries of the marine industries, CFRP yachts are being sold at a higher price. The design and construction of FRP composite yachts, including those made of CFRP, have to follow rules based on ISO 12215, such as the hull structure rules of the international classification societies. On the other hand, there are no rules related to CFRP composites in the Guidance for Recreational Crafts, which was newly revised by the Korean Register of Shipping. In this paper, ISO 12215-5 and Part B, RINA Pleasure Yacht (REGISTRO ITALIANO NAVALE) on the design pressure and scantling of CFRP hull structures are compared and analyzed. Through a comparative study and the application to a cruise yacht design, we try to understand how to design CFRP hull structures using the international standards, ISO 12215, and the rules of the international classification society, RINA.
CFRP;ISO 12215;Design pressure;Scantling;Pleasure yacht
- Lee, C.J., Lee, H.J., 2010. A Study on the Comparison of Domestic Pleasure Boat Inspection Guideline with International Standards(ISO). Journal of Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, 28, 64-77.
- Lee, J., 2011. On the Design Impact Pressure in the Rules and Regulations of ISO and Classification Societies. Journal of Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, 31, 60-70.
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization), 2008. ISO 12215-5 : Small Craft-Hull Construction and Scantlings-Part 5: Design Pressures for Monohulls, Design Stresses, Scantlings Determination. ISO, Switzerland.
- Kim, B.J., Kwon, S.Y., Kim, S.C., Lee, J.H., 2011. Comparison Study and Structural Analysis to Investigate the Design Rule and Criteria of Catamaran. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 48(6), 479-489. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.6.479
- KR (Korean Register of Shipping). 2011. Guidance for Recreational Crafts. Korean Register, Korea.
- RINA (Registro Italiano Navale), 2009. Rules for the Classification of Pleasure Yacht Part B Hull and Stability. Imago Media, Italy.
- RINA (Registro Italiano Navale), 2011. RINA for Yacht. RINA, Italy.
- Effect of a Lightweight Hull Material and an Electric Propulsion System on Weight Reduction: Application to a 45ft CFRP Electric Yacht vol.24, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.6.818
Grant : CFRP 소재의 고급 크루즈 보트 개발
Supported by : 지식경제부