- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Cloning and Sequence Analysis of Wild Argali ISG15 cDNA
- Sun, Yanming (College of Animal Science and Technology, Shihezi University) ;
- Chen, Kaili (College of Life Science, Shihezi University) ;
- Shen, Wen (College of Animal Science and Technology, Shihezi University) ;
- Cui, Rupeng (College of Animal Science and Technology, Shihezi University) ;
- Lu, Haifu (College of Animal Science and Technology, Shihezi University)
- Received : 2013.07.28
- Accepted : 2013.11.27
- Published : 2014.04.01
The complete coding sequence of Wild Argali ISG15 cDNA was generated by rapid amplification of cDNA ends. The ISG15 cDNA was 642 bp with an open reading frame of 474 bp, which encoded a 17.47 kDa protein composed of 157 amino acids. Its amino acid sequence shared 97.9%, 80.8%, 91.4%, 94.3%, 78.3% identity with those of ISG15cDNA from Ovis aries (accession no. NM001009735.1), Capra hircus (accession no. HQ329186.1), Bos taurus (accession no. BC102318.1), Bubalus bubalis (accession no. HM543269.1), and Sus scrofa (accession no. EU647216.1), respectively. The entire coding sequence was inserted into the pET-28a vector and expressed in E. coli. The recombinant protein corresponded to the expected molecular mass of 25 kDa as judged by SDS-PAGE, and it was detected in the bacterial inclusion bodies. The expressed protein could be purified by
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation
- Bradford, M M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72:248-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(76)90527-3
- Chang, L., Q. Wen-Tao, W. Chen, and G. Yun-Qi. 2006. Ubiquitin-like protein ISG15 and its role in innate immunity. Prog. Biochem. Biophys. 33:1023-1029.
- Cui, R. P. 2012. Cloning, expression and activity detection of ubiquitin ISG15 of Argal, Ms. Barsh Worship and Hybrid Sheep, Shihezi University.
Der, S. D., A. Zhou, B. R. Williams, and R. H. Silverman. 1998. Identification of genes differentially regulated by interferon
$\alpha$, $\beta$, or $\gamma$using oligonucleotide arrays. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:15623-15628. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.95.26.15623
- Pitha-Rowe, I. F. and P. M. Pitha. 2007. Viral defense, carcinogenesis and ISG15: novel roles for an old ISG. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 18:409-417. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cytogfr.2007.06.017
- Jueken, A., J. Kumunisihan, H. Hamiti, Y. Sulaiman, X. S. Yu, M. Du, Hailati, Tuersenhali, and Ayinuer. 2007. Study on hybridication of wild Argali and Bashibai sheep. Xinjiang Agric. Sci. 5:702-705.
- Kim, K. I. and D. E. Zhang. 2003. ISG15, not just another ubiquitin-like protein. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 307: 431-434. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-291X(03)01216-6
- Okumura, A., G. Lu, I. Pitha-Rowe, and P. M. Pitha. 2006. Innate antiviral response targets HIV-1 release by the induction of ubiquitin-like protein ISG15. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103: 1440-1445. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0510518103
Rempel, L. A., B. R. Francis, K. J. Austin, and T. R. Hansen. 2005. Isolation and sequence of an interferon-
$\tau$-inducible, pregnancy-and bovine interferon-stimulated gene product 15 (ISG15)-specific, bovine ubiquitin-activating E1-like (UBE1L) enzyme. Biol. Reprod. 72:365-372. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod.104.033027
- Ritchie, K. J., C. S. Hahn, K. I. Kim, M. Yan, D. Rosario, L. Li, J. C. Torre, and D. E. Zhang. 2004. Role of ISG15 protease UBP43 (USP18) in innate immunity to viral infection. Nat. Med. 10:1374-1378. https://doi.org/10.1038/nm1133
- Song, X. M. 2007. Small-tail han sheep reproduction and disease resistance relational genes cloning and comparative genomics analysis. Institute of Animal Sciences, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 6.
- Yu, Y., M. Ji,C. Liu, and K. Li. 2008. Songtao Guo Northwest Institute of Endangered Animal Species, Xi'an 710032; Geographical distribution and vicissitude of argali, Ovis ammon. China, 2.
- Zhang, D. and D. E. Zhang. 2011. Interferon-stimulated gene 15 and the protein ISGylation system. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 31:119-130. https://doi.org/10.1089/jir.2010.0110
- Zhao, C., S. L. Beaudenon, M. L. Kelley, M. B. Waddell, W. Yuan, B. A. Schulman, J. M. Huibregtse, and R. M. Krug. 2004. The UbcH8 ubiquitin E2 enzyme is also the E2 enzyme for ISG15, an IFN-alpha/beta-induced ubiquitin-like protein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101:7578-7582. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0402528101
- Cloning and sequence analysis of Wild Argali short palate, lung and nasal epithelium clone 1 cDNA vol.30, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.15.0557