- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Wheel/Rail Contact Analysis with Consideration of Friction and Torque
마찰과 토크를 고려한 차륜/레일 접촉 해석
- Song, Ki-Seok (School of mechanical Engineering, SKKU) ;
- Han, Seung-Hee (School of mechanical Engineering, SKKU) ;
- Choi, Yeon-Sun (School of mechanical Engineering, SKKU)
- Received : 2013.06.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2014.02.28
Wheel/rail contact is a significant problem in railway dynamics. In this paper, the wheel/rail contact is examined analytically and numerically as a contact problem between two cylinders where torque and friction have effect. Furthermore, the contact of a real wheel and rail is investigated numerically where the normal and shear force act. This study demonstrates that the wheel/rail contact is a process that generates traction force through creep where rolling and sliding occurs simultaneously depending on the shape of the wheel and rail, and the friction coefficient between them.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- A.A. Shabana, K.E. Zaazaa, J.L. Escalona, J.R. Sany (2004) Development of elastic force model for wheel/rail contact problem, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 269, pp. 295-325. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(03)00074-9
- F.W. Carter (1926) On the action of a locomotive driving wheel, Proc. R. Soc, London. A, 112, pp. 151-157. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1926.0100
- J.J. Kalker (1991) Wheel-rail rolling contact theory, Wear, 144, pp. 243-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(91)90018-P
- V.K. Garg, R.V. Dukkipati (1984) Dynamics of railway vehicle systems, Academic press, Toronto, Canada, pp. 113-115.
- E.E. Magel, J. Kalousek (2002) The application of contact mechanics to rail profile design and rail grinding, Wear, 253(1-2), pp. 308-316. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(02)00123-0
- K.D. Sung, W.H. Yang, M.R. Cho, S.P. Heo, K.H. Jung (1998) A study on the contact characteristics of wheel-rail for rolling stock, Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 268-273.
- H.S. Yang, W.S. Lee, H.K. Nam (2005) Study on wheel profile for railway vehicle with narrow gauge by profile contact analysis, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 59-64.
- Popov, Valentin L. (2010) Contact mechanics and friction : physical principles and applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, pp. 72-75.
- SAMCEF. 8.3 (2010).