- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Characteristics of Longitudinal Creepage for Running Stability on Sharp Curved Track
급곡선 주행 안정화를 위한 주행방향 크리피지 특성 최적화 연구
- Sim, Kyung-Seok (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Park, Tae-Won (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Lee, Jin-Hee (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Po (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.07.14
- Accepted : 2014.01.13
- Published : 2014.02.28
Urban railway vehicles operate in downtown areas. Due to increases in the number of passengers and changes in the service plans, railway vehicles are expected to operate on sharp curved tracks. However, on these tracks, the running stability of the railway vehicles is significantly decreased and the creepage is increased. Creepage causes the wheel/rail to wear and vibration. Therefore, reducing the creepage helps ensure the running stability and can be beneficial for the environment and cost. In this paper, the longitudinal creepage is analyzed using a railway vehicle model on a sharp curved track. Furthermore, in order to minimize the problems when a railway vehicle runs on a sharp curved track, the characteristics of a bogie are optimized using response optimization.
- M.J. Rudd (1976) Wheel/rail noise-part II: wheel squeal, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 46, pp. 381-394. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(76)90862-2
- D.T. Eadie, M. Santoro, J. Kalousek (2005) Railway noise and the effect of top of rail liquid friction modifiers: changes in sound and vibration spectral distributions in curves, Transactions on Wear, 258(7-8), pp. 1148-1155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2004.03.061
- Y. Suda, H. Komine, T. Iwasa, Y. Terumichi (2002) Experimental study on mechanism of rail corrugation using corrugation simulator, Transactions on Wear, 253(1-2), pp. 162-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(02)00095-9
- K.J. Kim, J.K. Park, B.S. Kim, J.C. Kim, (2008) An experimental study of the curve squeal noise, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(2), pp. 176-181.
- A.D. Monk-Steel, F.G. Thompson, M.H.A. Janssens (2006) An investigation into the influence of longitudinal creepage on railway squeal noise due to lateral creepage, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 293, pp. 766-776. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.12.004
- G.E.P. Box, K.B. Wilson (1951) On the experimental attainment of optimum conditions, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B, 13(1), pp. 1-45.
- K.J. Craig, N. Stander, D.A. Dooge, S. Varadappa (2005) Automotive crashworthiness design using response surfacebased variable screening and optimization, International Journal for Computer-aided Engineering and Software, 22(1), pp. 38-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/02644400510572406
- C.W. Choi, J.W. Jin, K.W. Kang (2012) Structural optimization for small scale vertical-axis wind turbine blade using response surface method, The KSFM journal of fluid machinery, 16(4), pp. 22-27. https://doi.org/10.5293/kfma.2013.16.4.022
- J.W. Jang, S.G. Baek, S.W. Lee, Y.S. Choi, J.C. Koo (2010) Optimization of the suspension to improve ride comfort using response surface model for high speed train, Proceedings Autumn of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Rep. of Korea, pp. 1234-1237.
- J.J. Karker (1983) A simplified theory for non-hertzian contact, Vehicle System Dynamics, 12(1-3), pp. 43-45. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423118308968716
- A.A. Shabana, K.E. Zaazaa, H. Sugiyama (2008) Railroad vehicle dynamics: a computational approach, CRC Press, NW USA, pp. 140-145.
- M. Rosenberger, P. Dietmaier, J. Payer, K. Six (2008) The influence of the wheelsets relative kinematics of railway vehicles on wheel/rail wear in curved track, Vehicle system dynamics, 46, pp. 403-414. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110801979242
- MINITAB statistical manual, Minitab INC.
- T.H. Lee, J.J. Jung, S. Hong, H.W. Kim, J.S. Choi (2006) Statistical analysis and prediction for behaviors of tracked vehicle traveling on soft soil using response surface methodology, Transactions of Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 20(3), pp. 54-60.
- R.V. Dukkipati, S.N. Swamy, M.O.M. Osman (1992) Independently rotating wheel systems for railway vehicles-a state of the art review, Vehicle System Dynamics, 21, pp. 297-330. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423119208969013
- T.X. Mei, R.M. Goodall (2003) Recent development in active steering of railway vehicles, Vehicle system dynamics, 39(6), pp. 415-436. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.39.6.415.14594
- Study of the active radial steering of a railway vehicle using the curvature measuring method vol.28, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-014-1026-1