- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Radio Communications-based Train Control System with Interoperability
무선통신기반 열차제어시스템 상호운영성 연구
- Choi, June-Young (Railway Technology & Safety Division, MOLIT) ;
- Park, Jae-Young (Railway System Engineering, Woo-song University)
- Received : 2013.07.02
- Accepted : 2013.12.03
- Published : 2014.02.28
This paper analyzes the hazard related to train control, the functional requirements for atrain control system(TCS) and the automatic train protection(ATP) functional allocation that ensures the interoperability of a radio communications-based TCS. In addition, the interoperability can be obtained using wireless communications technology standards and standardized functional allocations of TCS performed on the wayside and onboard. Using this information, an integrated operating system for a rail network can be constructed. The functional allocations of TCS that support interoperability, require hazard analysis of TCS and definition of the system requirements. The hazard factors for a TCS are confirmed through setting the train safety space control and train speed limit excess. Furthermore, this paper determines the impact of the hazard factors on the TCS and, defines the functional requirements for the TCS subsystems and the ATP wayside and onboard functional allocations.
- Achieved at www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/17902622/octyscbtc-project
- IEEE 1474.1 (2004) IEEE Standard for Communications Based Train Control(CBTC) Performance and Functional Requirements, the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers( IEEE), pp.6.
- Y.-K. Yoon, S.-C. Oh, J.-Y. Choi, J.-Y. Park, H.-W. Yang (2012) Development of ATP Train Separation Control Simulator for Radio-based Train Control System, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(1), pp. 29-36. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.029
- Achieved at www.uic.org/cdrom/2008/11_wcrr2008/pdf/O.3.3. 5.1.pdf
- Rail Safety and Standards Board (2007) Engineering Safety Management(The Yellow Book) Volume 2 Guidance Issue 4, the Rail Safety and Standards Board, pp. 8.
- Achieved at www.krtcs.re.kr/main/
- IEC 62278 (2002) Railway applications - Specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety(RAMS), International Electrical Commission, pp. 59.
- S.-C. Oh, Y.-K. Yoon, Y.-K. Kim (2011) System specification of ATP for Standard system of KRTCS, Autumn conference of the Korea society for railway, Jeju island of Korea, pp. 255-260.