- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Empirical Analysis on Priority Evaluation of Advanced Urban Transit Systems Considering Weights of Public Transportation System Characteristics
대중교통수단 특성의 중요도를 고려한 신교통시스템 평가 실증분석
- Kim, Hyunwoong (Green Transport and Logistics Institute, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Moon, Daeseop (Green Transport and Logistics Institute, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Moon, Jungwook (Green Transport and Logistics Institute, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Mirye (Department of Transportation and Logistics System, University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Jinsun (Department of Transportation and Logistics System, University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.10.11
- Accepted : 2014.02.20
- Published : 2014.02.28
This paper presents an evaluation method that considers the weights of many characteristics of a public transportation system; this method facilitates the selection of suitable advanced transit system in a transportation investment plan. The method sets up twelve evaluation items separated by the following influence factors: users, community, government and operators. It then evaluates the advanced transportation system by analyzing the weights. For an empirical analysis, the urban advanced transportation systems for the main transit of small and medium sized cities were evaluated using the AHP method. The result revealed that the weight order is safety, rapidity and punctuality, convenience, and regional activation, and the priority order is steel wheel-type AGT, LIM, and rubber wheel-type AGT.
- J.H. Shin (2005) The optimal mass transit system for new cities, Master thesis, Seoul National University of Technology.
- S.W. Ha (2009) A study on selection of light rail system based on multi-attribute utility theory, Master thesis, Hanyang University.
- J.K. Kim (2008) A study on the application status and appropriateness of light railway systems-in the Seoul metropolitan area, Master thesis, Hanyang University.
- S.J. Park, K.T. Kim, D.J. Lee, S.K. Jang (2012) Selection of advanced transportation mode using the analytic hierarchy process, Proceeding of the 12th Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Congress, Ansan, pp. 1173-1178.
- Y.Y. Kim (2012) Introduction to decision analysis, Myungkyungsa, Seoul, pp. 327-335.
- M.L. Manheim (1979) Fundamentals of transportation system analysis, The MIT Press, Massachusetts, pp. 58-90.
- V.R. Vuchic (2005) Urban transit, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey, pp. 519-551.
- J.M. Won (2012) Urban transportation, Pakyoungsa, Seoul, pp. 195-230.
- M. Yang, W. Wang, X.W. Chen, W.Y. Li (2006) Decision-making method for mass rapid transit mode selection based on DEA/AHP, Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development, 23(7), pp. 111-115.
- P.M. Parajuli, S.C. Wirasinghe (2001) A line haul transit technology selection model, Transportation Planning and Technology, 24(4), pp. 271-308. https://doi.org/10.1080/03081060108717671
- H. Kim (2007) Developing guidelines for evaluating and selecting urban rail transit systems, The Korea Transport Institute, Goyang, pp. 108-182.
- Study on the Prioritization of Improvement Plan for Road Traffic Safety Projects for Business Vehicles by the Introduction of Autonomous Vehicles vol.16, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2017.16.3.01
- Characteristic Analysis for Weight Values of Evaluation Items by Traffic Safety Project Type vol.20, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2018.20.1.147