- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Water Quality Monitoring through Tube-Well Survey at Foot-and-mouth Disease Carcass Disposal Sites
구제역 가축매몰지 인근 지하수 관측정 수질 모니터링
- Received : 2014.02.03
- Accepted : 2014.02.27
- Published : 2014.02.28
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the characteristics of leachate discharged from livestock burial sites in Gangwondo resulting from foot-and-mouth disease by monitoring the water quality at the survey tube-wells installed near livestock burial sites in order to investigate the effect of the leachate on the quality of nearby underground water and suggest a water pollution level in accordance with water quality evaluation criteria. Methods: To minimize the secondary environmental pollution damage caused by leachate at burial sites of livestock killed by foot-and-mouth disease, this study analyzed the leachate directly discharged from burial sites and installed survey tube-wells within 300 meters of livestock burial sites and investigated water quality as a means to ascertain the environmental effect of the leachate from the burial sites. In accordance with environmental management guidelines on livestock burial sites, this research investigated the water quality in the survey tube-wells in fifty five burial sites in Gangwondo. The elements investigated were
Foot-and-mouth disease;Leachate;Survey tube-well at carcass disposal site
- Oh SH. A resrarch on Eco-frendly treatment of livestock due to foot and mouth disease, Burial, Rendering, Chemical, Incineration, etc [dissertation]. [Kwangwoon]: Kwangwoon University; 2012
- Sur JH, Shin GH, Jaun Loubroth, Max Yeh, Ku BK, Choi KS, et al. In vivo characterization and transmission of korean foot-and-mouth disease virus(FMDV). Kor J Vet Res. 2000; 40(4): 719-727
- Jung JY. Foot and Mouth Disease. Safefood. 2011: 6(1); 8-10.
- Joo YS. Foot and Mouth Disease. Safefood. 2011: 6(1); 11-12
- Kim SK, Kim JE , Paek DM. The cultural analysis of 2010-2011 foot and mouth disease massacre. J Environ health Sci. 2013; 37(2): 165-169. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2011.37.2.165
- Jeong DH, Lee CG, Sihn JS, KIm HW, Yoon SH, Kim YS, et al. A study on treatment measuress of carcass disposal site leachate in to the livestock manure and sewage treatment facilities using NIERMASS program, Environ Imp Asse. 2112; 21(5): 725-734.
- Cho HS. Detection of foot-and mouth disease virus and coxsakievirus in the soil and leachate of modeled carcase burial site. Kor J vet serv. 2012; 35(4): 255-261. https://doi.org/10.7853/kjvs.2012.35.4.255
- Choi NC. Characterization of water quality and the aerobic bacterial population in leachate derived from animal carcass disposal. J Engin Geo. 2013; 23(1): 37-46. https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2013.1.37
- Ministry of Environment. Environment Management Mannual of Livestock Carcass Disposal Site. Sejong:Ministry of Environment Press; 2011.
- Bai IS. Change of leachate characteristic durning the rainfall period in open-dumped waste landfill. 2007 Fall Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. Seoul:Korean Society of Environmental Engineers Press; 2007. p.334-1339
Supported by : 국립환경과학원