- Volume 33 Issue 1
Objective: The purpose of this study is to select the methodology for SMR HRA which has characteristics that are different from existing nuclear power plants and digital-based plants. Background: We must assure safety to preoccupy export of technology to developing countries or countries interested in nuclear application. And we can be an advanced country in nuclear technology by securing original technology in the field of SMR such as SMART. Method: THERP, which is the most representative HRA methodology among all, and RARA, which is the latest HRA methodology. This study compared and evaluated THERP and RARA. Results: As a result of applying THERP and RARA methodologies which are based on LOCA EOG task analysis result, this research concluded that RARA has higher personal errors than THERP. Conclusion: This study needs validation for LOCA, emergency operations, normal and abnormal scenarios since HRA methodology was only focused on LOCA scenario. Application: The results of this study can apply as base line data when designing MMIS, which is the main control room of SMART, and when building a simulator.
Human reliability analysis;Probabilistic Safety Assessment;SMART
- ABB-CE, "System 80+ PRA ", 1993.
- Cha, W.C., "A Comparative Study of Digital and Analogue System Environment to Retrieve Human Factor Elements for the Design of Operator Console, Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol.32, No.2, pp.140-146, June 2009.
- Dave Ciesielski, Phil Liddle, "Qualified Software Tools For Safety I&C Applications " NPIC&HMIT 2004, Columbus, USA, 2004.
- Dougherty, E., Human Reliability Analysis - Where should sthou turn? Journal of Reliability Engineering and System Safety 29, 283-299, 1992.
- Doughtery, E.M. and Fragola, J.R., "Human Reliability Analysis: A System Engineering Approach With Nuclear Power Plant Applications ", SAIC, John Wiley & Sons, 1988.
- Eletricite de France, Probabilistic Safety Assessment of Reactor Unit 3 in the Paluel Nuclear Power Centre (1300 we), 1990.
- Health and Safety, Executive, Review of human reliability assessment methods, 2009.
- Embrey, D., Humphreys, P., Rosa, E., Kirwan, B. and Rea, K., SLIMMAUD; An Approach to Assessing Human Error Probability Using Structured Expert Judgment, NUREG/CR-3518, Vol. I&II 1984.
- Gertman, D., Blackman, H., Marble, J., Byers, J. and Smith, C., "The SPAR-H Human Reliability Analysis Method ", NUREG/CR-6883, 2005. USNRC.
- Hannaman, G.W., Sprgin, A.J. and Lukic, Y.D., "Human Cognitive Reliability (HCR) model for PRA analysis ", Drafts report, NUS-4531, EPRI Project RP 2170-3. 1984.
- Health and Safety Executive, The use of computers in Safety-Critical Applications, London, HSE books, 1998.
- Hollnagel 1997, Hollnagel, E., CREAM - Cognitive reliability and error analysis method, Elsevier Science Publishers, 1998.
- Hollnagel, E., CREAM - Cognitive reliability and error analysis method, Elsevier Science Publishers, 1998.
- Institute de Protection et de Nucleaire, "A Probabilistic Safety Assessment of the Standard French 900 Mwe Pressurised Water Reactor ", 1990.
- Isaac, A., Shorrock, S.T. and Kirwan, B., Human error in European air traffic management: the HERA project. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 75(2), 257-272, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(01)00099-0
- Joseph Naser, "Generic Pre-Qualification of Digital Platforms for Safety Applications: A Success Story for Instrumentation and Control Modernization in Nuclear Power Plants ", NPIC&HMIT 2004, Columbus, USA, 2004.
- Kaufuman 1999 Lori M. Kaufuman, barry W. Johnson, "Embedded Digital System Reliability and Safety Analysis " NUREG/GR-0020 USNRC 1999.
- Kirwan, B., Plant control diagnostic failure - just a matter of time? In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Human Factors and Power Plants, Monterey, USA, June, pp.51-69, 1992a.
- Kirwan, B. (1992b), Human error identification in human reliability assessment. Part 2: detailed comparison of techniques, Applied Ergonomics 23(6), p.371, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(92)90368-6
- Lee, J.H. and Bae, Y.N., "A study on the effect of digital and analogue control panels to user interface" Korea Design Science Research, Vol.4 No.2 (2001. 7) pp.95-104 1229-1072.
- Rail Safety and Standard Board (RSSB). Rail-specific HRA technique for driving tasks, Final report. 2004.
- NASA (2008) Human-Rating Requirements for Space Systems, NASA Procedural Requirements, NPR 8705.2B, 2008.
- NRC (2004) USNRC, Human Factors Engineering Program Review Model, NUREG-0711, Rev.2, US NRC, 2004.
- Nuclear Energy Agency, "Nuclear Regulatory Challenges Related to Human Performance " NEA No.5334, 2004.
- Rail Safety and Standard Board (RSSB), Railway Action Reliability Assessment user manual, 2012.
- Rasmussen, J., Pedersen, O.M., Carnino, A., Griffon, M., Mancini, C. and Gagnolet, P., Classification System for Reporting Events Involving Human Malfunctions, RISO-M-2240, DK- 4000, Riso National Laboratories, Roskilde, Denmark, 1981.
- Reason's, and Reason, J.T., Human Error. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1990.
- Shorrock 2002a, The two-fold path to human error analysis: TRACEr lite retrospection and prediction, Safety Systems (Newsletter of the Safety-Critical Systems Club), 11(3), September 2002.
- Shorrock 2002b, Error Classification for Safety Management: Finding the Right Approach, In Workshop on the Investigation and Reporting of Incidents 2002.
- Swain, A.D. 1987, "Accident sequence evaluation program human reliability analysis procedure ", NUREG/CR- 4772, USNRC. 1987.
- Tang, D., Hecht, M., An, X. and Brill, R., "MEADEP and its application in dependability analysis for Nuclear Power Plants safety system ", IEEE Tr. on Nuclear Science, Vol., 45 No.3, p.1014-1021, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/23.682699
- Thunem, 2004 Atoosa Thunem, P.J., "Computerized Systems' Availability, Safety and Research at the OECD Halden Reactor Project ", NPIC&HMIT 2004, Columbus, USA, 2004.
- Thuy Ngyyen, Dave Blanchard, Robert Flink, Glenn Lang, Ray Torok, Simplified Risk-Informed Assessment of Defence-in-Depth and Diversity for Digital I&C Upgrades in Nuclear Power Plants, NPIC & HMIT 2004, Columbus, USA, 2004.
- USNRC. 1983 Swain, A.D., Guttmann, H.E., "Handbook of human reliability analysis with emphasis on nuclear power plant applications ", NUREG/CR-1278, USNRC. 1983.
- USNRC 1998 Regulatory Guide 1.174, "An Approach for Using Probabilistic Risk Assessment in Risk-Informed Decisions on Plant-Specific Changes to the Licensing Basis " July 1998.
- USNRC, Technical basis and implementation guidelines for a technique for human event analysis (ATHEANA), NUREG-1624, Rev.1, US NRC, 2000.
- WASH-1400 "Reactor safety study -An Assessment of accident risks in U.S. Commercial Nuclear Power Plant " NUREG-75/014 Wash-1400, 1975.
- Whitehead, D. et al., "Evaluation of Potential Severe Accident During Low Power and Shutdown Operations at Grand Gulf Unit 1" NUREG/CR-6143 S.N.L, June 1994.
- Williams, J.C., "A data-based method for assessing and reducing human error to improve operational performance", Proceedings of the IEEE Fourth Conference on Human Factors and Power Plants, Monterey, California. 1988.