- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Cracking Condition during Press Forming of Extruded Aluminum Sheets
알루미늄 압출판재의 프레스성형 중 파열조건에 대한 조사
- Chu, Seok Jae (School of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan) ;
- Park, Chang Gu (School of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan) ;
- Cho, Eun Hwa (School of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan)
- Received : 2013.06.24
- Accepted : 2013.11.19
- Published : 2014.03.01
Sunroof tracks are manufactured by press-forming extruded aluminum sheets. During press forming, cracking occurs along the sharply bent edge. The final positions of the punch and die were measured on the section, and their relation to cracking was investigated. Finite element simulation of bending to the final position was done to find the critical strains. Three-point bending tests with different material orientations, hardnesses, bending edge lengths, and bending radii were carried out in the laboratory, and finite element simulation of the three-point bending tests was performed to find the critical strains.
Cracking;Extruded Aluminum Sheets;Bending;Finite Element Simulation;Forming Limit Diagram
- Udomphol, T., 2007, Sheet-metal Forming, Suranaree University of Technology.
- Kalpakjian, S. and Schmid, S., 2007, Manufacturing Processes for Engineering Materials, 5th edition.
- Kim, J. S., Lee, J. K., Park, J. Y., Lee, D. J., Kim, H. Y. and Kim, H. J., 2005, "Forming Limit Diagram of an Aluminum Tube Through Hydroforming Tests," Trans. of Material Procesing, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 514-519. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2005.14.6.514
- Kim, K. J., Nguyen, N. T., Kim, D. Y. and Kim, H. Y., 2011, "Application of Failure Criteria in Aluminum Sheet Forming Analysis," Trans. of Material Procesing, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 167-172. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.2.167
- Kim, C. I., Yang, S. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2012, "Prediction of Formability of Aluminum Alloy 5454 Sheet," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 360, No. 2, pp. 179-186. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.2.179
- Castany, P., Diologent, F., Rossoll, A., Despois, J-F, Bezencon, C. and Mortensen, A., 2013, "Influence of Quench Rate and Microstructure on Bendability of AA6016 Aluminum Alloys," Material Science & Engineering A, Vol. 559, pp. 558-565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2012.08.141
- Mattei, L., Daniel, D., Guiglionda, G., Klocker, H. and Drive, J., 2013, "Strain Localization and Damage Mechanisms During Bending of AA6016 Sheet," Material Science & Engineering A Vol. 559, pp. 812-821. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2012.09.028