- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Trajectory Generation Method with Convolution Operation on Velocity Profile
속도 영역에서의 컨볼루션을 이용한 효율적인 궤적 생성 방법
- Lee, Geon (Research Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Kim, Doik (Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.08.27
- Accepted : 2014.01.13
- Published : 2014.03.01
The use of robots is no longer limited to the field of industrial robots and is now expanding into the fields of service and medical robots. In this light, a trajectory generation method that can respond instantaneously to the external environment is strongly required. Toward this end, this study proposes a method that enables a robot to change its trajectory in real-time using a convolution operation. The proposed method generates a trajectory in real time and satisfies the physical limits of the robot system such as acceleration and velocity limit. Moreover, a new way to improve the previous method (11), which generates inefficient trajectories in some cases owing to the characteristics of the trapezoidal shape of trajectories, is proposed by introducing a triangle shape. The validity and effectiveness of the proposed method is shown through a numerical simulation and a comparison with the previous convolution method.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Craig, J. J., 1989, Introduction to Robotics, Addison-Wesley, New York.
- Constantinescu, D. and Croft, E. A., 2000, "Smooth and Time-Optimal Trajectory Planning for Industrial Manipulators Along Specified Paths," Journal of Robotic System, Vol. 17, pp. 233-249. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4563(200005)17:5<233::AID-ROB1>3.0.CO;2-Y
- Mizoshita, Y., Hasegawa, S. and Takaishi, K., 1996, "Vibration Minimized Access Control for Disk Drives," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 32, pp.1793-1798. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.492867
- Tsuji, T., Tanaka, Y., Morasso, P. G., Sanguincti, V. and Kaneko, M., 2002, "Bio-Mimetic Trajectory Generation of Robots via Artificial Potential Field with Time Base Generator," IEEE Trans. on System, Man, and Cybernetics-Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 426-439. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2002.807273
- Nam, S. -H. and Yang, M. -Y., 2004, "A Study on a Generalized Parametric Interpolator with Real-Time Jerk-Limited Acceleration," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 27-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(03)00066-6
- Jeon, J. W. and Ha, Y. Y., 2000, "A Generalized Approach for the Acceleration and Deceleration of Industrial Robots and CNC Machine Tools," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 133-139. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.824135
- Ahn, K. T., Cho, J. S., and Chung, W. K., 2006, "Discrete Trajectory Formation in Comparison with the Analytical Method for Smooth Movements," Proc. Of IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Electronics Control and Instrumentation, pp. 4462-4467.
- Macfarlane, M. and Croft, E. A., 2003, "Jerk-Bounded Manipulator Trajectory Planning: Design for Real0time Application," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 42-52. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.807548
- Kroger, T. and Wahl, F. M., 2010, "Online Trajectory Generation: Basic Concepts for Instantaneous Reactions to Unforeseen Events," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 94-111. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2009.2035744
- Kroger, T., 2011, "Online Trajectory Generation: Straight-Line Trajectories," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 1010-1016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2011.2158021
- Lee, G., Kim, J., and Choi, Y., 2012, "Convolution-Based Trajectory Generation Methods Using Physical System Limits," Journal of Dynamic System, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 135, No. 1, article no. 011001, 8pages.
- Kim, D., 2007, "Manual for dIHC(Interface for Humanoid Control)," Technical Report, KIST.