- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Manipulator Equipped with Counterbalance Mechanism Based on Gear Unit
기어유닛 기반 중력보상장치를 갖는 머니퓰레이터
- Kang, In Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hwi Su (School of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Song, Jae-Bok (School of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Lee, Hyun Soo (Hyundai motor Group) ;
- Chang, In Sung (Hyundai motor Group)
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.11
- Published : 2014.03.01
Industrial manipulators are usually heavy given the payloads they carry. Therefore, they require high-capacity servomotors and speed reducers, which leads to high costs. However, if manipulator weight could be compensated for using a counterbalance mechanism, the motors' and speed reducers' capacities could be minimized substantially. However, it is usually difficult to assure durability and reliability with the conventional wire-based counterbalance mechanism. Therefore, a more robust gear- and roller-based counterbalance mechanism is proposed in this study. A manipulator was developed using this mechanism; this manipulator maintains its performance even when using motors and reducers of lower capacities. The results of various simulations and experiments verified that the proposed mechanism provides the torque required to compensate for gravitational torque in any configuration and minimizes the torque required for supporting a large payload.
Industrial Manipulator;Gravity Compensation;Counterbalance Mechanism
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Kim, H. S. and Song, J. B., 2013, "Low-Cost Robot Arm with 3-DOF Counterbalance Mechanism," IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2013, pp. 4168-4173.
- Lacasse, M.-A., Lenevieve, G., Boisclair, J., Ouellet, J. and Gosselin, C., 2013, "On the Design of a Statically Balanced Serial Robot Using Remote Counterweights," IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4174-4179.
- Shirata, S., Konno, A. and Uchiyama, M., 2007, "Design and Evaluation of a Gravity Compensation Mechanism for a Humanoid Robot," IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and System, pp. 3635-3640.
- Nakayama, T., Araki, Y. and Fujimoto, H., 2009, "A New Gravity Compensation Mechanism for Lower Limb Rehabilitation," IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 943-948.
- 6 DOF Industrial Robot Based on Multi-DOF Counterbalance Mechanism vol.12, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2017.12.1.011