- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design of Rotor Profile of Internal Gear Pump for Noise Reduction
내접형 기어펌프용 로터의 소음저감을 위한 치형 최적설계
- Bae, Jun Ho (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Bae, Won Byong (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Joo, Ung Tak (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.12.03
- Accepted : 2014.01.15
- Published : 2014.03.01
An internal gear pump is required to improve the flow rate and noise. Furthermore, such pumps are durable and small in size. In this study, equations of the rotor shape with multiple profiles (ellipse 1-involute-ellipse 2) were derived, and relevant performance parameters (pressure angle, irregularity, and specific sliding) of the internal gear pump to noise were predicted and compared. Rotor profiles and performance parameters were obtained by a prediction algorithm for theoretical analysis, and the effects between the design parameters and the performance parameters were analyzed. Based on the analysis results of the effects, an optimal design of the rotor profile was proposed, and a noise test of the prototype was performed to evaluate the reliability of the design.
Rotor Profile;Noise Reduction;Noise Test;Optimal Design;Performance Parameter;Design Parameter
- Fabiani, M., Manco, S., Nervegna, N. and Rundo, M., 1999, "Modelling And Simulation of Gerotor Gearing in Lubricating Oil Pump," SAE, No. 1999-01-0626.
- Colbourne, J.R., 1975, "Gear Shape and Theoretical Flow Rate in Internal Gear Pumps," Trans. of the CSME, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 215-223.
- Saegusa, Y., Urashima, K., Sugimoto, M., Onoda, M. and Koiso, T., 1984, "Development of Oil-pump Rotors With A Trochoidal Tooth Shape," SAE Paper No. 840454.
- Beard, J.E., Pennock, G.R. and Stanisic, M.M., 1989, "The Effects of the Design Parameters on the Generated Curvature and Displacement of Epitrochoidal Gerotor Pumps," SAE Paper No. 891831.
- Mimmi, G. and Pennacchi, P., 2000, "Non-Undercutting Conditions in Internal Gears," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 477-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(99)00028-2
- Demenego, A., Vecchiatio, D., Litvin, F.L., Nervegna, N. and Manco, S., 2002, "Design and Simulation of Meshing of a Cycloidal Pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp.311-332. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(01)00074-X
- Lee, S. C., 2006,"Profile Design of the Inner Rotor of a Gerotor by the Composite Curve of Circular Arcs," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 79-86.
- Ye, Z., Zhang, W., Huang, Q. and Chen, C., 2006, "Simple Explicit Formulae for Calculating Limit Dimensions to Avoid Undercutting in the Rotor of a Cycloid Rotor Pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.405-414. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2005.07.001
- Chang, Y.J., Kim, J.H., Jeon, C.H., Kim, C. and Jung, S.Y., 2007, "Development of an Integrated System for the Automated Design of a Gerotor Oil Pump," ASME Journal of Mechnical Design, Vol. 129, No. 10, pp.1099-1105. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2757629
- Hsieh, C.F. and Hwang, J.H., 2007, "Geometric Design for a Gerotor Pump with High Area Efficiency," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 129, No. 12, pp. 1269-1277. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2779887
- Sasaki, H., Inui, N., Shimada, Y. and Ogata, D., 2008, "Development of High Efficiency P/M Internal Gear Pump rotor(Megafloid Rotor)," Automotive SEI Technical Review, No. 66, pp.124-128.
- Choi, T. H., Kim, M. S., Lee, G. S., Jung, S. Y. and Kim, C., 2011,"Design of Gerotor Using Cycloid and Circular-Arc Curves,"Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 241-250. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.3.241
- Jung, S. Y., Kim, M. S. and Kim, C., 2011, "Development of a New Gerotor for Oil Pumps with Multiple Profiles (Ellipse1, Involute and Ellipse2)," J. of the KSPE, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 614-622.
- Mimmi, G. and Pennacchi, P., 1997, "Internal Lobe Pump design," Trans. of the CSME, Vol. 21, No.2, pp.109-121.
- Design of rotor profile of internal gear pump for improving fuel efficiency vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0014-4
- Optimal Design of Gerotor (Ellipse1-Elliptical Involute-Ellipse2 Combined Lobe Shape) for Improving Fuel Efficiency and Reducing Noise vol.33, pp.11, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.11.927
- Optimal Design of Gerotor with Combined Profiles (Three-Ellipse and Ellipse-Involute-Ellipse) Using Rotation and Translation Algorithm vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.2.169