- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Stress Analysis of Plate-Spring-Type Landing Gear Materials
판스프링형 랜딩기어의 재질에 따른 응력 해석
- Kim, Kyeong-Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Young-Shin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Jae-Do (Corp. of HAN-URL SYSTEM)
- Received : 2012.12.28
- Accepted : 2014.02.04
- Published : 2014.03.01
Aircraft are an indispensable mode of modern transportation. They are also used as in a wide variety of other fields. For example, aircraft are used for accommodating passengers, carrying freight, and for military reconnaissance. Aircraft ground operations include landing and taking off. During landing, a higher load is applied to the landing gear than during takeoff. The landing gear should absorb impact energy and prevent damage to the main body of the aircraft in the case of an accident. In this study, simulations were performed for two types of plate-spring-type landing gear: that made of composite materials and that constructed with aluminum. The structural safety of landing gear made of each material was also evaluated.
Landing Gear;Plate Spring;Composite Material;Margin of Safety
- Shin, J. W., Kim, T.-U., Hwang, I.-H., Jo, J. J., Lee, J.-S. and Park, C.-Y., 2010 "Design Development Test of Crashworthiness Device for Landing Gear," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 111-116. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.1.111
- Choi, S.-W. and Park, I.-K., 2005 "A Landing Characteristics Analysis of the Composite Landing Gear of the Firefly," Korea Aerospace Research Institute, Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Vol.4 No. 2, pp. 15-20.
- Park, I.-K., Kim, S.-J., Ahn, S.-M. and Song, J.-H., 2010 "Aircraft Landing Gear Spin-up, Spring-Back Load Analysis Using" Proceeding of KSME Autumn Symposium, pp. 886-891.
- Kim, D.-M., Hur, M.-K. and Lee, K.-B., 1994, "Composite Leaf Spring for Landing Gear" Proceeding of KASA Symposium, pp. 353-357.
- Lee, S. Y., Kim, J.-B., Um, M.-K., Kim, T.K. and Shin, J.W., 2008, "Applicability of Composite Torque Link at Helicopter Landing Gear System" Proceeding of KSME Spring Symposium, pp. 572-577.
- STANG-4671(EDITION 1).
- 'Patran' User's Manual version 2010.
- 'Hypermesh 10' User's Manual.
- Study on the Linear Static Structural Analysis Error of Helical Compression Springs vol.40, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.2.237