- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Topology Optimization of Offshore Wind-Power Turbine Substructure Using 3D Solid-Element Model
3 차원 고체요소모델을 활용한 해상풍력터빈 하부구조의 위상최적화
- Kim, Won Cheol (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kunsan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Chung, Tae Jin (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kunsan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.05.14
- Accepted : 2014.01.10
- Published : 2014.03.01
The structural layout of mechanical and civil structures is commonly obtained using conventional methods. For example, the shape of structures such as electric transmission towers and offshore substructures can be generated systematically. However, with rapid advancements in computer graphic technology, advanced structural analyses and optimum design technologies have been implemented. In this study, the structural shape of a jacket substructure for an offshore wind turbine is investigated using a topology optimization technique. The structure is subjected to multiple loads that are intended to simulate the loading conditions during actual operation. The optimization objective function is defined as one that ensures compliance of the structure under the given boundary conditions. Optimization is carried out with constraints on the natural frequency in addition to the volume constraint. The result of a first step model provides quick insights into the optimum layout for the second step structure. Subsequently, a 3D model in the form of the frustum of a quadrilateral pyramid is developed through topology optimization.
Concept Design;Multi-loaded Substructure;Structural Shape;Topology Optimization
Supported by : 한국에지기술평가원(KETEP), 한국연구재단
- Saitou, K., Izui, K., Nishiwaki, S. and Papalambros, P., 2005, "A Survey of Structural Optimization in Mechanical Product Development," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 5, pp.214-226. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2013290
- Choi, K. S., 2010, "Introduction of Offshore-Plant," Munundang, Seoul, pp. 26, 30.
- Germanischer Lloyd, 2010, IV. Rules and Guidelines Industrial Services - 1. Guideline for the Certification of Wind Turbines, 2010 edition.
- Kim, k. D., Choi, D. H., Sim, J. S. and Kim, K. C., 2011, "Development and Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures," KSCE Magazine, Vol.59, No.5, pp.28-37.
- Kim, W. C., Henry, P., Ahn, I. G. and Chung, T. J., 2012, "Design of Telescopic Boom for Aerial Lifts Using Topology, Shape, and Size Optimization," KSME CAE Spring Conference, pp.285-286.
- Bruns, T. E., 2007, "Topology Optimization by Penalty(TOP) Method," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 196, pp.4430-4443. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2007.04.016
- Altair Engineering, 2010, Optistruct Training Manual.
- PIDOTECH Inc, 2012, PIAnO 3.5 Tutorial Manual.