- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Integrated Chassis Control System with Fail Safety Using Optimum Yaw Moment Distribution
최적 요모멘트 분배 방법을 이용한 고장 안전 통합 섀시 제어기 설계
- Yim, Seongjin (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. and Tech)
- 임성진 (서울과학기술대학교 기계.자동차공학과)
- Received : 2013.08.09
- Accepted : 2014.01.06
- Published : 2014.03.01
This paper presents an integrated chassis control system with fail safety using optimum yaw moment distribution for a vehicle with steer-by-wire and brake-by-wire devices. The proposed system has two-level structure: upper- and lower-level controllers. In the upper-level controller, the control yaw moment is computed with sliding mode control theory. In the lower-level controller, the control yaw moment is distributed into the tire forces of active front steering(AFS) and electronic stability control(ESC) with the weighted pseudo-inverse based control allocation(WPCA) method. By setting the variable weights in WPCA, it is possible to take the sensor/actuator failure into account. In this framework, it is necessary to optimize the variables weights in order to enhance the yaw moment distribution. For this purpose, simulation-based tuning is proposed. To show the effectiveness of the proposed method, simulations are conducted on a vehicle simulation package, CarSim.
Fault Safety;Fault-Tolerant Control;Integrated Chassis Control;Steer-by-Wire;Brake-by-Wire
- Hac, A., Doman, D. and Oppenheimer, M., 2006, "Unified Control of Brake- and Steer-by-Wire Systems Using Optimal Control Allocation Methods," SAE Paper No. 2006-01-0924.
- Sundar, M. and Plunkett, D., 2006, "Brake-by-Wire, Motivation and Engineering - GM Sequel," SAE Paper No. 2006-01-3194.
- Xiang, W., Richardson, P.C., Zhao, C. and Mohammad, S., 2008, "Automobile Brake-by-Wire Control System Design and Analysis," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 57, No.1, pp.138-145. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.901895
- Hac, A., 2006, "Control of Brake- and Steer-by-Wire Systems During Brake Actuator Failure," SAE Paper No. 2006-01-0923.
- Yim, S., 2014, "Fault-Tolerant Yaw Moment Control with Steer- and Brake-by-Wire Devices," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 15, No. 1.
- Rajamani, R., 2006, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, New York, Springer.
- Uematsu, K. and Gerdes, J.C., 2002, "A Comparison of Several Sliding Surfaces for Stability Control," AVEC2002, Japan.
- Wang, J. and Longoria, R.G., 2006, "Coordinated Vehicle Dynamics Control with Control Distribution," Proceedings of the 2006 American Control Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, pp.5348-5353.
- Yim, S., Choi, J. and Yi, K., 2012, "Coordinated Control of Hybrid 4WD Vehicles for Enhanced Maneuverability and Lateral Stability," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 61, No. 4, pp.1946-1950. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2188921
- Mechanical Simulation Corporation, 2001, CarSim User Manual Version 5.
- Kang, J.Y. and Yi, K., 2008, "Development and Validation of a Finite Preview Optimal Control based Human Driver Steering Model," KSAE Conference, Seoul, Korea, pp. 855-860.
- Ungoren, A.Y. and Peng, H., 2004, "Evaluation of Vehicle Dynamic Control for Rollover Prevention," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.115-122.
- Optimum Yaw Moment Distribution with ESC and AFS Under Lateral Force Constraint on AFS vol.39, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.5.527