- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Information Technology for Smart Defense
Smart Defense 를 위한 IT 기술 개발
- Chung, Kyo-Il (Positioning/Navigation Technology Research Section, ETRI) ;
- Lee, So Yeon (Positioning/Navigation Technology Research Section, ETRI) ;
- Park, Sangjoon (Positioning/Navigation Technology Research Section, ETRI) ;
- Park, Jonghyun (Intelligent Cognitive Technology Research Department, ETRI) ;
- Han, Sang-Cheol (Office of PD of Emerging Industry IT Convergence, KEIT)
- 정교일 (한국전자통신연구원 위치/항법기술연구실) ;
- 이소연 (한국전자통신연구원 위치/항법기술연구실) ;
- 박상준 (한국전자통신연구원 위치/항법기술연구실) ;
- 박종현 (한국전자통신연구원 지능형인지기술연구부) ;
- 한상철 (한국산업기술평가관리원 주력산업 IT 융합 PD)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2014.03.01
Recently, there has been demand for the convergence of IT (Information and communication Technologies, ICT) with defense, as has already been achieved in civilian fields such as healthcare and construction. It is expected that completely new and common requirements would emerge from the civilian and military domains and that the shape of war field would change rapidly. Many military scientists forecast that future wars would be network-centric and be based on C4I(Command, Control, Communication & Computer, Intelligence), ISR(Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), and PGM(Precision Guided Munitions). For realizing the smart defense concept, IT should act as a baseline technology even for simulating a real combat field using virtual reality. In this paper, we propose the concept of IT-based smart defense with a focus on accurate detection in real and cyber wars, effective data communication, automated and unmanned operation, and modeling and simulation.
Smart Defense;C4I(Command, Control, Communication & Computer, Intelligence);ISR(Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance);PGM(Precision Guided Munitions);NCW(Network Centric War);Modeling & Simulation
Grant : 병사들에게 실전과 같은 가상훈련 환경을 제공하기 위한 전방향 이동지원 상호작용 소프트웨어 기술 개발
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원
- KIAT, 2012, "Roadmap of Industry Technologies."
- Chung, K.-I. and Chung, M.-A., 2013, "IT-Defense Convergence Technologies for Future War Space," Communications of KIISE, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 97-105.
- Chung, K.-I., Chung, M. A. and Han, S. C., 2012, "Smart Defense Using IT," IEEK Fall Conference, pp. 685-686.
- KEIT, 2012, "2012 IT R&D Strategy."
- Gu, B. H., 2013, "Study on the Application of ROK Military Virtual Combat Training Simulation Using Serious Game," KSME Spring Conference for IT Convergence, pp. 33-34.
- Kim, H. S., Jeon, K. C. and Park, H. S., 2013, "The Technology of All-IP Based High Reliable Defense Networks," KSME Spring Conference for IT Convergence, pp. 31-32.
- Park, S., 2013, "Development of ODM-Interactive Software Technology Supporting Live-Virtual Soldier Exercises," Military-IT Convergence Progress Seminar, pp. 73- 83.
- Cruz-Neira, C., Reiners, D. and Springer, J. P., 2010, "An Affordable Surround-Screen Virtual Reality Display," Journal of the Society for Information Display, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 836-843. https://doi.org/10.1889/JSID18.10.836
- DTAQ, 2012, "2012 Global Defense Market Yearbook."