- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Parametric Study of Curved Guideways for Urban Maglev Vehicle
도시형 자기부상열차의 곡선 가이드웨이 매개변수 연구
- Han, Jong-Boo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Ki-Jung (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Hyung-Suk (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.09.16
- Accepted : 2013.11.28
- Published : 2014.03.01
A maglev vehicle of middle-low speed subjected to both a lift force and a guidance force by a U-shaped single electromagnet is operated over a curved guideway without a guidance controller. Therefore, it is required to carefully decide the curve shape for preventing contact between the vehicle and the guiderail for the case that a Maglev vehicle is operated over a curved guideway with a small radius. Specifically, the shape of the transition curve is very important from the stability viewpoint. This study analyzes the influence of curve shape on maglev stability through parametric composition of the transition curve during vehicle guidance. To this end, a multibody dynamics-based threedimensional Maglev vehicle model was developed. The model was integrated with the vehicle, curved guideway, electromagnets, and their controllers. Using this model, a realistic parametric study including the curved guideway was carried out. The results of research should be considered usefully in the design of bogies and the curve shape.
Maglev Vehicle;Multibody Dynamics;Curved Guideway;Transition Curve;Cant Angle
- Han, H. S., Yim, B. H., Lee, J, K., Hur, Y. C. and Kim S. S., 2009, "Effects of Guideway's Vibration Characteristics on the Dynamics of a Maglev Vehicle," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.47, No.3, pp. 309-234. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802054342
- Yim, B. H., Han, H. S., Lee, J. K. and Kim, S. S., 2009, "Curving Performance Simulation of an EMS-Type Maglev Vehicle" Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.47, No.10, pp. 1287-1304. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802632071
- Yim, B. H. and Han, H. S., 2008, "Curve Negotiation Analysis of a Maglev Vehicle Utilizing Electromagnetic Suspension System," Asian Conference on Multibody Dynamics.
- Han, J. B., Kim, K. J., Kim, C, H. and Han H. S., 2011, "Curve Negotiation Analysis of a Maglev Vehicle Running over a Guideway with Irregularities," KSAE, pp. 2480-2484.
- Yoshihide, Y., Masaaki, F. Masao, T. and Syunzo, I., 2004, "The First HSST Maglev Commercial Train in Japan," MAGLEV 2004 proceedings, Vol. 1, pp. 76-85
- Sinha, P. K., 1987, Electromagnetic Suspension Dynamics & Control, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, London, United Kingdom.
- Han, H. S., 2003, "A Study on the Dynamic Modeling of a Magnetic Levitation Vehicle," JSME International, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 1497-1501. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmec.46.1497
- Yim, B. H., Han, H. S., Lee, J. K. and Kim, S. S., 2009, "Curving Performance Simulation of an EMS-Type Maglev Vehicle," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 47, No. 10, pp. 1287-1304. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110802632071
- ZHAO, C., ZHAI, W. and WANG, K., 2004, "Dynamic Responses of the Low-Speed Maglev Vehicle on the Curved Guideway," MAGLEV 2004 proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 567-574.
- Coenraad, E., 2001, Modern Railway Track Second Edition, C. Esveld, Netherlands.
- Lee, J. S., Lim, D. J. and Kim, M.Y., 2009, "Moving Urban Maglev-Vehicle Analysis Considering Non-Linear Magnetic Levitational Force Effect," COSEIK.
- Han, H. S., Yim, B. H., Lee, N. J., Kim, Y. J. and Kim, B. H., 2008, "Prediction of Ride Quality of a Maglev Vehicle Using a Full Vehicle Multi-Body Dynamic Model," Vehicle System Dynamics, Submitted for Publication.
- LMS Virtual.lab Motion Users Manual, LMS International.
- Shabana, A. A., 2007, Railroad Vehicle Dynamics: A Computational Approach, Taylor & Francis Group, USA.