- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Myxoid liposarcoma in a dog
개에서의 myxoid liposarcoma 증례 보고
- Jeon, Sung-Joo (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Eun-Sang (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University) ;
- Noh, Hye-Jin (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University) ;
- Son, Hwa-Young (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.03.27
- Accepted : 2014.01.07
- Published : 2014.03.31
The pathological features of a mass in the back skin region of an 8-year-old castrated male dog are described herein. The cut section of the tumor was white to tan with a soft multilobulated mass containing hemorrhagic and necrotic foci and a mucinous-like composition. Microscopically, the tumor was composed of a mixture of lipocytes, lipoblasts, spindle cells and stellate cells and had a myxoid background. Oil red O staining revealed that the cytoplasm of neoplastic cells contained large numbers of lipid droplets. Immunohistochemically, tumor cells were positive for vimentin and S-100 protein. The skin mass was diagnosed as myxoid liposarcoma.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Andreasen CB, Mahaffey EA, Duncan JR. Intermediate filament staining in the cytologic and histologic diagnosis of canine skin and soft tissue tumors. Vet Pathol 1988, 25, 343-349. https://doi.org/10.1177/030098588802500502
- Baez JL, Hendrick MJ, Shofer FS, Goldkamp C, Sorenmo KU. Liposarcomas in dogs: 56 cases (1989-2000). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004, 224, 887-891. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.2004.224.887
- Cheng J, Yu H, Wang L, Wang X, Shen G. Primary oral and maxillofacial liposarcoma: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of eleven cases. Arch Med Sci 2012, 8, 316-323.
- Daugaard S. Current soft-tissue sarcoma classifications. Eur J Cancer 2004, 40, 543-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2003.11.009
- Dei Tos AP, Wadden C, Fletcher CDM. S-100 protein staining in liposarcoma: its diagnostic utility in the high-grade myxoid (round cell) variant. Appl Immunohistochem 1996, 4, 95-101.
- Doster AR, Tomlinson MJ, Mahaffey EA, Jordan CW. Canine liposarcoma. Vet Pathol 1986, 23, 84-87. https://doi.org/10.1177/030098588602300117
- Fletcher CDM, Unni KK, Mertens F. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone. pp. 12-40, IARC Press, Lyon, 2002.
- Ganesh IM, Subramani D, Halagowder D. Mucin glycoarray in gastric and gallbladder epithelia. J Carcinog 2007, 6, 10. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-3163-6-10
- Goldschmidt MH, Hendrick MJ. Tumors of the Skin and Soft Tissues: Liposarcoma. In : Meuten DJ (ed.). Tumors in Domestic Animals. 4th ed. pp. 97-99, Iowa State Press, 2002.
- Graadt van Roggen JF, Hogendoorn PCW, Fletcher CDM. Myxoid tumours of soft tissue. Histopathology 1999, 35, 291-312. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2559.1999.00835.x
- Hargis AM, Ginn PE. The integument. In: McGavin MD, Zachary JF (ed.). Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease, 4th ed. pp. 1146-1147, Mosby, St. Louis, 2007.
- Kaneko JJ, Harvey JW, Bruss ML. Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals. 6th ed. pp. 768-771, Academic Press, San Diego, 2008.
- Kwon HJ, Park MS, Kim DY, Cho DY, Yoon BI, Shin NS, Kim DY. Round cell variant of myxoid liposarcoma in a Japanese Macaque (Macaca fuscata). Vet Pathol 2007, 44, 229-232. https://doi.org/10.1354/vp.44-2-229
- Masserdotti C, Bonfanti U, De Lorenzi D, Ottolini N. Use of oil red O stain in the cytologic diagnosis of canine liposarcoma. Vet Clin Pathol 2006, 35, 37-41. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1939-165X.2006.tb00086.x
- Messick JB, Radin MJ. Cytologic, histologic, and ultrastructural characteristics of a canine myxoid liposarcoma. Vet Pathol 1989, 26, 520-522. https://doi.org/10.1177/030098588902600612
- Nemanqani D, Mourad WA. Cytomorphologic features of fine-needle aspiration of liposarcoma. Diagn Cytopathol 1999, 20, 67-69. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0339(199902)20:2<67::AID-DC4>3.0.CO;2-D
- Rabanal RH, Fondevila DM, Montane V, Domingo M, Ferrer L. Immunocytochemical diagnosis of skin tumours of the dog with special reference to undifferentiated types. Res Vet Sci 1989, 47, 129-133.
- Shmitt FC, Bacchi CE. S-100 protein: is it useful as a tumour marker in diagnostic immunocytohemistry? Histopathol 1989, 15, 281-288. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2559.1989.tb03078.x
- Shanley KJ, Miller WH Jr. Panniculitis in the dog: a report of five cases. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1985, 21, 545-550.
- Weiss SW, Goldblum JR. Liposarcoma. In: Enzinger and Weiss's Soft Tissue Tumors. 4th ed. pp. 641-693, Mosby, St. Louis, 2001.