- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of PID Controller with Adaptive Neural Network Compensator for Formation Control of Mobile Robots
이동 로봇의 군집 제어를 위한 PID 제어기의 적응 신경 회로망 보상기 설계
- Kim, Yong-Baek (Automation Research Dept., Industrial Technology Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries) ;
- Park, Jin-Hyun (Dept. of Mechatronics Eng., Kyeognam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Young-Kiu (Department of Electrical Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.12.03
- Accepted : 2014.01.13
- Published : 2014.03.31
In this paper, a PID controller with adaptive neural network compensator is proposed to control the formations of mobile robot. The control system is composed of a kinematic controller based on the leader-following robot and dynamic controller for considering the dynamics of the mobile robot. The dynamic controller is constituted by a PID controller and the adaptive neural network compensator for improving the performance and compensating the change in dynamic characteristics. Simulation results show the performance of the PID controller and the neural network compensator for the circular trajectory and linear trajectory. And it is verified that by improving the performance of a PID controller via the adaptive neural network compensator, the following robot's tracking performance is improved.
- Y. U. Cao, A. S. Fukunaga and A. B. Kahang, "Cooperative mobile robotics: antecedents and directions," Auton. Robots, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 7-27, Mar. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008855018923
- J. P. Desai, J. Ostrowski and V. Kumar, "Modeling and control of formations of nonholonomic mobile robots," IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automations, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 905-908, Dec 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.976023
- A. K. Das et al., "A vision-based formation control framework," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automaton, vol.18, no. 5, pp. 813-825, Oct 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.803463
- J. Shao, G. Xie and L. Wang, "Leader-following formation control of multiple mobile vehicles," IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 545-552, Mar 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta:20050371
- Y. Q. Chen and Z. Wang, "Formation control: a review and a new consideration," in Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and systems, New York: NY, pp. 3181-3186, Aug. 2005.
- E. R. Fierro and F. L. Lewis, "Control of a nonholonomic mobile robot using neural networks," IEEE Trans on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 4, July 1998.
- Y. K. Choi, M. J. Lee and S. S. Kim, "Design and Implementation of an adaptive neural network compensator for control systems," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 48, no. 2, April 2001.