- Volume 34 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Residual Stress using IITC of Experimental Stress Analysis on Concrete Structure
실험적 응력해석의 IITC 방식에 의한 콘크리트 구조물 잔류응력 평가
- Received : 2012.07.10
- Accepted : 2013.11.26
- Published : 2014.04.01
The carrying capacity of existing concrete structures is evaluated by the measured data from displacement and strain gauges for given loads and the results of numerical analysis that are compared with the measured ones. Consequently, this process could be accomplished in doing the direct measurement of residual stress on existing concrete. This study is concerned with the development of IITC (Instrumented Indentation Technique for Concrete) system which is based on the experimental stress analysis technique using non-destructive test method to evaluate the residual stress of concrete structures depending on the types of applied loadings in analysing indentation load - indentation depth curve derived experimentally on concrete surface. As a result, in this paper, almost all of systematized H/W and S/W were newly developed to estimate the residual stresses of concrete structures. Thus, the creation of new experimental equations for deriving residual stresses and automatical calculations of residual stresses using the empirical formula can lead to evaluate the structural resistances conveniently in the structures from construction phase to maintenance stage.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원
- Furgiuele, F. M., Pagnotta, L. and Poggialini, A. (1991). "Measuring resi-dual stress by hole-drilling and coherent optics techniques : A Numerical Calibration." J. Eng. Mater. Techno., Vol. 113, No. 1, pp. 41-50. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2903381
- Frontics Co., Ltd. (2009). Measurement of residual stress using load-displacement indentation method.
- Choi, M. J., Lee, K. W., Kim, J. Y., Kim, K. H. and Kwon, D. I. (2007). "Application of instrumented indentation technique to estimation strength and residual stress." 10th Symposium on Recent Advancement of Theory and Practice in Hardness Measurement (Hardmeko 2007), 19-21 Nov. 2007, Tsukuba, Japan.
- Frontics (2008). AIS(Advanced Identation System 300) technical report, Research Institute of Advanced Materials, Seoul National University.
- Lee, H. B. (2012). Development of DIP and IITC techniques to evaluate residual stress on concrete structure, Ph. D., Department of Civil Engineering, Kumoh National University of Technology, Gummi, Gyeongsangbook-Do.