- Volume 56 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Soil Moisture Extraction Characteristics of Cucumber Crop in Protected Cultivation
오이 시설재배지에서의 토양수분 소비특성 분석
- Hong, Eun Mi ;
- Choi, Jin-Yong ;
- Nam, Won Ho (School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln) ;
- Kang, Moon-Seong ;
- Jang, Jeong-Ryel
- 홍은미 (서울대학교 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 최진용 (서울대학교 조경.지역시스템공학부, 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 남원호 ;
- 강문성 (서울대학교 조경.지역시스템공학부, 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 장정렬 (한국농어촌공사 농어촌연구원)
- Received : 2014.01.06
- Accepted : 2014.02.24
- Published : 2014.03.31
Water for crop growth were supplied by irrigation in protected cultivation and these are accumulated in the soil and utilized for crop evapotranspiration. The study for analyzing soil moisture characteristics is necessary for adequate irrigation water and soil water management in protected cultivation. Soil moisture content, irrigation water quantity and meteorological data were monitored to analyze soil moisture increment and extraction characteristics in terms of soil layers and cucumber crop growth stages. In first cropping period, the total amount of irrigation water was 5.07 mm/day, soil moisture increment was 4.82 mm/day and soil moisture extraction was 5.56 mm/day. In second cropping period, the total amount of irrigation water was 4.82 mm/day, soil moisture increment was 4.65 mm/day and soil moisture extraction was 4.73 mm/day. Soil moisture extraction rate from 0 to 75 cm is 90.3 % in first cropping period and 79.1 % in second cropping period. The majority irrigation water were consumed in root zone, however, about 15 % of soil moisture were losses by infiltration in lower soil layer. Soil moisture extraction and extraction pattern of cucumber crop calculated in this study can be utilized as a basic data for irrigation water management in protected cultivation.
Grant : 농업비점오염 저감을 위한 영농방법 개선기법 개발
- Allen, R. G., L. S. Periera, D. Raes, and M. Smith, 1988. Crop evapotranspiration: guidelines for computing crop requirements, Irrigation and Drainage Paper No. 56, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy
- Bruno, R. D., H. R. da Rocha, H. C. de Freitas, M. L. Goulden, and S. D. Miller, 2006, Soil moisture dynamics in an eastern Amazonian tropical forest. Hydrological Processes 20: 2477-2489 https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.6211
- Choi, S. G., 2012. Analysis of soil moisture redistribution under drip irrigation using numerical method. MS. diss., Seoul: Seoul National University (in Korean with English abstract).
- Choi, S. G., J. Y. Choi, W. H. Nam, S. O. Hur, H. J. Kim, S. O. Chung, and K. H. Han, 2012. Uniformity Assessment of Soil Moisture Redistribution for Drip Irrigation. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 4(3): 19-28 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Chung, H. W., S. H. Park, S. J. Kim, and Y. S. Chung, 1993. A Study on Root Growth and Soil Moisture Extraction Patten during Growing Period of Upland Crops -Soybean, Redpepper, Sesame-, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 35(1): 67-75 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Han, K. H., Y. S. Zhang, and D. B. Lee, 2013. Development of irrigation system using IT technologies in protected cultivation. Korean National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage 51: 34-42 (in Korean).
- Hong, E. M., 2013. Nutrient assessment of soil and shallow groundwater in protected cultivation and forest plantation. Ph.D. diss., Seoul: Seoul National University (in Korean with English abstract).
- Hur, S. O., K. H. Jung, C. W. Park, S. K. Ha, and J. G. Kim, 2007. Verification of soil volumetric water content measured by TDR, FDR sensors. Proceedings of 2007 Korea Water Resources Association meeting: 229-235 (in Korean).
- Jung, K. H., D. S. Oh, and S. O. Hur, 2005. Estimation of evapotranspiration in plastic house. 320-327. Sustainable Agriculture Research. Suwon, Gyeonggi: National Academy of Agricultural Science (in Korean with English abstract).
- Kim, K. Y., NHRI (National Horticultural Research Institute), GARES (Gyeonggi-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services), and , Cucumber experimental site in Gurye, 2001. Cucumber cultivation. Suwon,, Gyeonggi: Rural Development Administration (in Korean).
- Lee, N. H., and S. T. Oh, 2001. A model for estimating reference crop evapotranpiration in the greenhouse, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 43(4): 50-56 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Lee, N. H., H. H. Hwang, S. W. Nam, S. G. Hong, and W. J. Jean, 1998a. A study on the utilization of irrigation systems for greenhouse farming. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 40(6): 37-45 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Lee, N. H., H. H. Hwang, S. W. Nam, S. G. Hong, and W. J. Jean, 1998b. A study on the utilization of irrigation water for greenhouse farming. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 4(2), 96-102 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Min, J., H. Zhang, and W. Shi, 2012. Optimizing nitrogen input to reduce nitrate leaching loss in greenhouse vegetable production. Agricultural Water Management 111: 53-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2012.05.003
- RDA (Rural Development Administration) and NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Science), 2007. Water management of upland crops for efficient use of agricultural water. 11139009300016001. Suwon,, Gyeonggi: National Academy of Agricultural Science (in Korean).
- Shi, W. M., J. Yao, and F. Yan, 2009. Vegetable cultivation under greenhouse conditions leads to rapid accumulation of nutrients, acidification and salinity of soils and groundwater contamination in South-Eastern China. Nutrient Cycle Agroecosystem 83: 73-84. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10705-008-9201-3