- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
People Tracking and Accompanying Algorithm for Mobile Robot Using Kinect Sensor and Extended Kalman Filter
키넥트센서와 확장칼만필터를 이용한 이동로봇의 사람추적 및 사람과의 동반주행
- Park, Kyoung Jae (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Won, Mooncheol (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.11.29
- Accepted : 2014.03.07
- Published : 2014.04.01
In this paper, we propose a real-time algorithm for estimating the relative position and velocity of a person with respect to a robot using a Kinect sensor and an extended Kalman filter (EKF). Additionally, we propose an algorithm for controlling the robot in the proximity of a person in a variety of modes. The algorithm detects the head and shoulder regions of the person using a histogram of oriented gradients (HOG) and a support vector machine (SVM). The EKF algorithm estimates the relative positions and velocities of the person with respect to the robot using data acquired by a Kinect sensor. We tested the various modes of proximity movement for a human in indoor situations. The accuracy of the algorithm was verified using a motion capture system.
Robot Vision;Supprot Vector Machine;Extended Kalman Filter;Kinect Sensor
- TurtleBot, http://www.turtlebot.com/
- Roh, H. K. and Lee, S. W., 2001. "Multiple People Tracking Using an Appearance Model Based on Temporal Color," In Proc. Int. Conf. On Pattern Recognition, Vol. 4, pp. 643-646.
- Khoshelham, K., 2011, "Accuracy Analysis of Kinect Depth Data," In ISPRS Workshop Laser Scanning, volume XXXVIII.
- Dalal, N. and Triggs, B., 2005, "Histogram of Oriented Gradients for Human Detection," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition CVPR. 177, USA, Vol. 1, pp. 886-893.
- Schapire, R. E., 2002, "The Boosting Approach to Machine Learning, an Overview," In MSRI Workshop on Nonlinear Estimation and Classification. Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Savtchenko, C. and Spletzer, J. R., "Sidewalk-Level People Tracking with a Low-Cost 3D LIDAR System."
- Ess, A., Schindler, K., Leibe, B. and L. Gool, V., 2010, "Object Detection and Tracking for Autonomous Navigation in Dynamic Environments," IJRR, Vol. 29, No. 14, pp. 1707-1725.
- Lee, J.-U., Sun, J.-Y. and Won, M., 2013, "Real Time Algorithm for Relative Position Estimation Between Person and Robot Using a Monocular Camera," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 1445-1452. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1445
- A Parallel Kalman Filter for Estimation of Magnetic Disturbance and Orientation Based on Nine-axis Inertial/Magnetic Sensor Signals vol.40, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.7.659
- Comparison of Acceleration-Compensating Mechanisms for Improvement of IMU-Based Orientation Determination vol.40, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.9.783