- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Simulation of Rollover Crashes and Passenger Injury Assessment for a Wheeled Armored Vehicle
차륜형 전투차량 전복 시 승무원 안전성 확보를 위한 시뮬레이션 연구
- Lee, Gyung-Soo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Jung, Ui-Jin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Gyung-Jin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2013.12.23
- Accepted : 2014.02.20
- Published : 2014.04.01
A wheeled armored vehicle is a military vehicle that has been developed to enhance combat capabilities and mobility for the army. The wheeled armored vehicle has a high center of gravity, and it operates on unpaved and sloped roads. Therefore, this vehicle has a high risk of rollover crashes. To design the interior of the military vehicle, the crew's safety during rollover crashes is an important factor. However, actual vehicle tests for design are extremely expensive. In this paper, nonlinear dynamic analysis is performed to simulate the rollover crashes and the passenger injury is assessed for a wheeled armored vehicle. The scope of this research is the rollover condition, FE modeling of the wheeled armored vehicle and the dummy, arrangement of dummies, assessment of passenger injuries, and simulation model for rollover crashes.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Oh, C. Y., Kim, H. D. and Song, J. H., 2002, "Development of a Finite Element Model for Studying the Occupant Behavior and Injury Coefficients of a Large-sized Truck," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 26, No. 8, pp. 1577-1584. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.8.1577
- Korean Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, 2012, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea.
- UN Regulation 66, 2010, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, European Union.
- Frechede, B., McIntosh, A., Grzebieta, R. and Bambach, M., 2011, "Characteristics of Single Vehicle Rollover Fatalities in Three Australian States (2000-2007)," Accident Analysis and Prevention. Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 804-812. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2010.10.028
- Digges, K., Eigen, A. and Dahdah, S., 2005 "Injury Patterns in Rollover by Crash Severity," Proc. 19th International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, Washington DC, USA, Paper05-0355.
- FMVSS 208 Occupant Crash Protection, 2013, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, USA.
- European New Car Assessment Programme, 2012, Euro NCAP, Version 5.5.
- LS-DYNA User's Manual Version 971, 2007, Livermore Software Technology Corporation, USA.
- Kim, H. B., Lee, K. H., Lee, K. W., Kim, J. H., Lee, J. Y., Jung, U. J. and Park, G. J., 2012, "Analysis of Rollover Crashes and Passenger Injury Assessment for a Wheeled Armored Vehicle," The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, pp. 2694-2702.
- A Demonstration of the Dynamic Tests Developed for NHTSA's NCAP Rollover Rating System, 2004, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, USA.
- A Method for Reliability Analysis of Armored Fighting Vehicle using RBD based on Integrated Hit Probabilities of Crews and Components vol.20, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.5.1040