- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Analysis of CFRP Frame under Launch and Recovery Conditions for Subsea Walking Robot, Crabster
다관절 복합이동 해저로봇에 적용된 탄소섬유 복합소재 프레임에 대한 진수 및 인양 조건에서의 구조해석
- Yoo, Seong-Yeol (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ship & Ocean Engineering (KRISO)) ;
- Jun, Bong-Huan (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ship & Ocean Engineering (KRISO)) ;
- Shim, Hyungwon (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ship & Ocean Engineering (KRISO)) ;
- Lee, Pan-Mook (Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ship & Ocean Engineering (KRISO))
- Received : 2014.01.16
- Accepted : 2014.02.12
- Published : 2014.04.01
This study applied finite element analysis (FEA) to the body frame of the 200-meter class multi-legged subsea walking robot known as Crabster (CR200). The body frame of the CR200 is modeled after the ribcage of a human so that it can disperse applied external loads. It is made of carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP). Therefore, the frame is lighter and stronger than it would be if it were made of other conventional materials. In order to perform FEA for the CFRP body frame, we applied the material properties of the CFRP as obtained from a specimen test to an FE model of CFRP frame. Finally, we performed FEA with respect to the load conditions encountered when the robot is launched into and recovered from the sea. Also, we performed FEA for the frame, assuming that it was fabricated using a conventional material, in order to compare its characteristics with CFRP.
Crabster;Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic;Subsea Walking Robot;Launch and Recovery;Finite Element Analysis
Grant : 다관절 복합이동 해저로봇 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Shim, H.W., Jun, B.H., Lee, P.M., Baek, H. and Lee, J.H., 2010, "Workspace Control System of Underwater Tele-operated Manipulators on an ROV," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 37, pp. 1036-1047. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.03.017
- Jun, B. H., Shim, H.W. and Lee, P.M., 2011, "An Approximation of Generalized Torques by the Hydrodynamic Forces Acting on Legs of Underwater Walking Robot," International Journal of Ocean System Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 222-229. https://doi.org/10.5574/IJOSE.2011.1.4.222
- Wernli, R. and Jaeger, J., 1984, "ROV Technology Update from an International Perspective," Proceeding of the MTS/IEEE OCEANS 84, pp. 639-645.
- Lee, P.M., Jun, B.H., Park, J.Y., Shim, H.S. Shim, Kim, J.S., Jung, H.S. and Yoon, J.Y., 2011, "An in-situ Correction Method of Position Error for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Surveying the Sea Floor," International Journal of Ocean System Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 60-67. https://doi.org/10.5574/IJOSE.2011.1.2.060
- Loebis, D., Sutton, R., Chudley, J. and Naeem, W., 2004, "Adaptive Tuning of Kalman Filter via Fuzzy Logic for an Intelligent AUV Navigation System," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 1531-1539. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2003.11.008
- Lin, P., Komosuglu, H. and Koditchek, D., 2005, "A Leg Configuration Measurement System for Full-Body Pose Estimates in a Hexapod Robot," IEEE Trans. On Robotics, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp.411-422. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.840898
- Shim, H.W., Jun, B.H. and Lee, P.M., 2013, "Mobility and Agility Analysis of a Multi-legged Subsea Robot System," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 61, pp. 88-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.01.001
- Jun, B.H., Shim, H.W., Park, J.Y., Kim, B.H., Lee, P.M., Kim, W.J. and Park, Y.S., 2011, "A New Concept and Technologies of Multi-Legged Underwater Robot for High Tidal Current Environment," Proc. of IEEE Symposium on Underwater Technology (UT), and 2011 Workshop on Scientific Use of Submarine Cables and Related Technologies (SSC), pp. 1-5.
- Takahashi, H., Iwasaki, M., Akizono, J., Asakura, O., Shiraiwa, S. and Nakagawa, K., 1993, "Development of an Aquatic Walking Robot for Underwater Inspection," the Report of the Port and Harbor Research Institute, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 313-357.
- Schmucker, A. and Inme, T., 1996, "Hexagonal Walking Vehicle with Force Sensing Capability," Proceedings of the International Symposium on Measurement and Control in Robotics(ISMCR), pp. 354- 359.
- Weidemann, H.J., Pfeiffer, F. and Elize, J., 1994, "Sixlegged TUM Walking Robot," In Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1026-1033.
- Yoo, S., Jun, B., Shim, H. and Lee, P., 2013, "Finite Element Analysis of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Frame for Multi-legged Subsea Robot," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 65-72. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.6.065
- Korean Industrial Standards M 3006, 2003
- Korean Industrial Standards B 0804, 2001
- Rules for Building and Classing : Underwater Vehicles, Systems and Hyperbaric Facilities, American Bureau of Shipping, 2010.
- Design of Static Gait Algorithm for Hexapod Subsea Walking Robot: Crabster vol.38, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.9.989
- Dynamic Tumble Stability Analysis of Seabed Walking Robot in Forward Incident Currents vol.39, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.8.743
- A Property of Crack Propagation at the Specimen of CFRP with Layer Angle vol.40, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.12.1013
- An Analytical Study on Crack Behavior Inside Standard Compact Tension Specimen with Holes vol.40, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.6.531