- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Fatigue Life Evaluation of Turbine Shaft Using Applied Shaft Stress
회전체 스트레스 정보를 이용한 터빈 축 피로수명 평가
- Jin, Byeong Kyou (M & D Corp.) ;
- Park, Ki Beom (M & D Corp.) ;
- Chai, JangBom (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.)
- Received : 2013.08.19
- Accepted : 2013.11.05
- Published : 2014.04.01
The equipment or with a constant torque and a variable stress due to axial vibration such as the turbine-generator system in nuclear power plant show the fatigue fracture behavior. Thus this study whoul aim to measure the torsional stress and analyze the fatigue fracture behavior. To achieve this, we manufactured the equipment similar with turbine-generator system and applied various torsional vibration stress due to external load. In particular, the evaluation was conducted with the existing evaluation methods of the fatigue behavior of known stress-life, strain-life, crack growth assessment methods. With increasing the external load and independent methods tends to decrease the fatigue life was confirmed up to 10 times in 5 kV external load compared to without external load.
Turbine Shaft Failure;Fatigue Life;Shaft Stress;Torsional Vibration;Stress-Life Curve;Crack Growth
Grant : 원전 터빈의 고신뢰 장주기 운전을 위한 감시 및 예측 진단 기술개발
Supported by : 한국수력원자력(주)
- Raju I. S. and Newman J. C., 1984, "Stress-Intensity Factors for Circumferential Surface Cracks in Pipes and Rods Under Tension and Bending Loads," Fracture Mechanics Vol.17, pp. 1-36.
- Grigsby, L. L., 2007, Power System Stability and Control, CRC Press, pp. 16-18-16-19.
- Placek R. J., Williams R. A., Adams S. L. and Klufas, O., 1984, "Determination of Torsional Fatigue Life of Large Turbine Generator Shafts," EPRI Report EL-3083, USA.
- Rosario D. A. and Khalid T., 2005, "Generator Shaft Keyway Cracking Failure Investigation," Proc. 9th EPRI Stream Turbine-Generator Workshop, Denver, Colorado, pp. 1-10.
- Nakada M., Noda J. and Miyano Y., 2007, "Fatigue Life Prediction of CFRP Laminates Under Variable Stress Amplitude and Frequency," Key Engineering Material, Vol. 334-335, pp. 445-448. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.334-335.445
- Tsai J. I., 2008, "Long-Term Fatigue Life Expenditure of Turbine Shafts Owing to Noncharacteristic Harmonics Produced by Slip Energy Recovery Induction Motor Drives," Journal of Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 8, pp. 1146-1160. https://doi.org/10.1299/jmmp.2.1146
- Kim K. S., Chen X., Han C. and Lee H. W., 2002, "Estimation Methods for Fatigue Properties of Steels Under Axial and Torsional Loading," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 24, pp. 783-793. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-1123(01)00190-6
- Park U. H., Lee H. W., Kim S. J., Lee C. R. and Kim J. H., 2007, "Stochastic Characteristics of Fatigue Crack Growth Resistance of SM45C Steel," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 8, pp. 623-628.
- Bannantine J. A., Comer J. J. and Handrock J. L., 1989, Fundamentals of Metal Fatigue Analysis, Prentice Hall, pp. 189-192.
- McKelvey S. A., Lee Y. L. and Barkey M. E, 2012, "Stress-Based Uniaxial Fatigue Analysis Using Methods Described in FKM-Guideline," Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 12, pp. 445-484. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11668-012-9599-4
- Grigsby L. L., 2007, Power System Stability and Control, CRC Press, pp. 16-18-16-19.